Blue Heights Grow Op

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Blue Heights Grow Op

Post by Catri »

I went to the bottle depot on Dease Road today and never thought I'd see the day when it smelled better inside that building than outside. It was as if a family of skunks were parading through the parking lot. I believe the grow op in that area is a legal one, but surely they have some sort of filtration requirements to control the odour escaping, don't they?
goalie
Übergod

Re: Blue Heights Grow Op

Post by goalie »

they are reckless cheap *bleep*. i hope they get robbed.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

I wondered about that myself while I was at the lexus dealership the other day. Very strong odor.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

City of Kelowna is useless. In California, they shut the sriracha plant down because their filters weren't up to par. Just because this degenerate grow-op is legal doesn't mean there aren't rules to follow.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and whos fault is that, thank you city of kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

You can thank Health Canada and their complete lack of regulation of this industry.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KPARKER83
Fledgling

Post by KPARKER83 »

It's the same on Gordon at Clement & base of Knox Mountain. Two "legal" grow ops and the smell is TERRIBLE!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

...who cares?

Cherry Hill stinks up their area with their roasting. Lots of smelly businesses around.

The whole valley smells like fruit/orchard spray come June and my neighbor cooks bacon early in the morning and makes me hungry!

Smells!
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Atomoa wrote:...who cares?

Cherry Hill stinks up their area with their roasting. Lots of smelly businesses around.

The whole valley smells like fruit/orchard spray come June and my neighbor cooks bacon early in the morning and makes me hungry!

Smells!
Actually a lot of people when you consider wine tasting shouldn't smell like bad skunk.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

KL3-Something wrote:You can thank Health Canada and their complete lack of regulation of this industry.
doesn't need regulation , now that the supreme court has ruled canadians can grow their own medicine its something people will have to get use to :)
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

A few " fragrance free" civil suits will take care of the smell which will probably cause a few grow ops to shut down.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

lakevixen wrote: doesn't need regulation , now that the supreme court has ruled canadians can grow their own medicine its something people will have to get use to :)

when did the supreme court do that?

Just because it's legal doesn't mean there won't be regulations.
Last edited by goalie on Dec 17th, 2014, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Atomoa wrote:...who cares?

Smells!

Except for Cherry Hill, that's not the same at all! I don't have anything against MJ but it's an obnoxious smell. Especially when it's ALL the time! If your neighbor cooked bacon all day long you would be throwing up by the 3rd day guaranteed.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

goalie wrote:
Except for Cherry Hill, that's not the same at all! I don't have anything against MJ but it's an obnoxious smell. Especially when it's ALL the time! If your neighbor cooked bacon all day long you would be throwing up by the 3rd day guaranteed.

Cherry Hill roasting makes me gag. Smells like wet moldy coffee or microwaved to the point of burning coffee beans.

I deal with it. The entire "strip" smells like car exhaust. I deal with it.

Welcome to living around other people in a city.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

It's great that you're so tolerant of obnoxious smells Atamoa. Many, if not most, people aren't. Some people even have medical issues that are exacerbated by strong scents, which is why most health care facilities ask people not to wear perfume.

I am not opposed to legal pot, medicinal or otherwise, that doesn't mean it's production should be an industrial free for all. The smell of a grow op is overpowering and obnoxious to most people and since what they're producing is an intoxicant, the regulations should be more stringent than for roasting coffee beans. I'm just saying they ought to have a filtration system in place that would keep the stink outside their facility to a minimum. The producers wanted their locations to not be public knowledge for security reasons in the first place, so you'd think it would be in their interest to make their presence more subtle in this way.

Return to “Central Okanagan”