Facing eviction on WFN

Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Facing eviction on WFN

Post by Farmmaa »

ValB58 wrote:They had a 99 year lease.

The tenants who RENT land for mobile homes - which is what this thread is about - do not have any sort of lease.
They rent month to month.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

ValB58 wrote:They had a 99 year lease.

There's not one tenant on WFN land with a 99 year lease - it's all on a month-to-month basis. The only ones who get a 99 year lease is someone who buys the land from another owner ... i.e.: R bought the land where Elk Ridge Estates is situated from J for huge bucks. He gets a 99 year lease after which time his family either buys the land again or it reverts back to J's family.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

oneh2obabe wrote:There's not one tenant on WFN land with a 99 year lease - it's all on a month-to-month basis. The only ones who get a 99 year lease is someone who buys the land from another owner ... i.e.: R bought the land where Elk Ridge Estates is situated from J for huge bucks. He gets a 99 year lease after which time his family either buys the land again or it reverts back to J's family.

Even MORE REASON NOT to rent from FNs.

That has devalued FN land to the level of a trailer park for seasonal use only (with extensions). I would NEVER put a $90,000 modular home on anything that has to do with FN land.

In 5 years, they got your $$$$$ and you gotta move.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

Farmmaa wrote:
The tenants who RENT land for mobile homes - which is what this thread is about - do not have any sort of lease.
They rent month to month.

I understand the 99 year lease, however tenants who rent (as there is not other option) pay month to month. What are the conditions to be evicted? Good people who pay their rent, don't cause any problems and have been there a long time sounds a bit fishy to me.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

ohgeeze wrote:
I understand the 99 year lease, however tenants who rent (as there is not other option) pay month to month. What are the conditions to be evicted? Good people who pay their rent, don't cause any problems and have been there a long time sounds a bit fishy to me.

No matter where you live, there are various reasons you can be evicted, or given notice to vacate, any unit that you are renting.
A change in land use happens to be one of those reasons, as is a landlord deciding to use or reside on that land...again, no matter where you are renting.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Heh heh, tell that to one of the posters on the housing market thread.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
nessieofadria

Post by nessieofadria »

Anyone here live in the Westview Village Mobile home Park? A bunch of us are having issues with the office person and we are trying to get a petition going.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

oneh2obabe wrote:There's not one tenant on WFN land with a 99 year lease - it's all on a month-to-month basis. The only ones who get a 99 year lease is someone who buys the land from another owner ... i.e.: R bought the land where Elk Ridge Estates is situated from J for huge bucks. He gets a 99 year lease after which time his family either buys the land again or it reverts back to J's family.

That's where you are wrong. There are lots of 99 year leases on WFN land. Bayview, Sonoma Pines are 2..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

westbankkid wrote: That's where you are wrong. There are lots of 99 year leases on WFN land. Bayview, Sonoma Pines are 2..

Have you actually read the lease?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Fancy wrote:Have you actually read the lease?

They are registered with the Federal Government in Ottawa. Completely legal.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not what I asked.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Since 2005 WFN issues the 99 year leases.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Okay - so no.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Locatee are the only ones who can hold a 99 year lease - homeowners can't as they are on a month-to-month lease unless they decide to drop big bucks and purchase the land with a 99 year lease for their personal use.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Return to “Central Okanagan”