City Bylaw officers any complaints

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: City Bylaw Officers any complaints

Post by GordonH »

grizz wrote:2 car garage, you are only allowed to have 2 vehicles in driveway. No Travel trailer or small work truck, etc next to those 2 cars. And if you make a long driveway going to back of your yard to accomondate trailer. Not allowed.

So a city bylaw that punishes its residents for having some toys, & young people of household from having a vehicle. This bylaw if it exists needs to be rethinked.
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 24th, 2015, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have searched the City by-laws and cannot find a reference to restricting vehicles on private property.
So without a link I have difficulty believing that one.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Someone has obviously complained about a work truck. Don't know why anyone would care unless their view was blocked.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Bsuds wrote:I have searched the City by-laws and cannot find a reference to restricting vehicles on private property.
So without a link I have difficulty believing that one.
I found limit 2 recreational vehicles in the bylaw.

If you were ticketed, can you provide the bylaw number cites?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LordEd wrote:If you were ticketed, can you provide the bylaw number cites?

If you are asking me I have not been ticketed.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

Almost everyone on our street has more than 2 vehicles/ motorhomes or toy trailers on it. Parked in our yards, not on the street, but never heard of the 2 cars per household. Thats why we bought the big lot.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grizz wrote:2 car garage, you are only allowed to have 2 vehicles in driveway. No Travel trailer or small work truck, etc next to those 2 cars. And if you make a long driveway going to back of your yard to accomondate trailer. Not allowed.

Any by-law number on that. The City by-laws here are not well written.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

large portions of your properties frontage used for parking – in contravention of the City’s Zoning bylaw. The City’s Zoning Bylaw allows parking :

a) In front of a garage/carport

b) In the side or rear yards

Remove the parking that does not comply with the Zoning Bylaw and park only in front of the garage or in the side yard setback.
and A single family dwelling requires 2 onsite parking stalls. If you have a 2 car garage, then you meet the requirement for your house.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

grizz wrote:...Apparently you cannot park more than 2 vehicles in your driveway. So if you have a travel trailer, or a work truck or other vehicles parked in your driveway, the City will have you ticketed. Doesn't matter, if you have a two car garage you can only have two vehicles in that driveway….

You have still not provided actual by-laws - I've never heard of these and I think you may be mistaken.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

the notes I have just put on is what the city sent me. I asked him to send the bylaws and still waiting. They told me its on their website. We have a mini van, a f350 truck and a expedition. They said you have to many vehicles? I again asked where the bylaw show how many a vehicles a owner can have. Again he sent me what I posted. Also note they tell you if you have a suite the tenant must park in your driveway off the street? So not clear as to where they should park if your driveway is shorter than others.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Maybe the poster is getting confused with restrictions that some neighbourhood (Wilden) put on home owners regrading what and how many vehicles can be kept on their lot. Wilden prohibits the parking of Rv's or boats on your lot. Now, how enforceable that is is another question. It would be up to Wilden to take action, not the city bylaw guys.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ In some cases that could be a good thing, meaning if you happened to have Cousin Eddie type. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grizz wrote:large portions of your properties frontage used for parking – in contravention of the City’s Zoning bylaw. The City’s Zoning Bylaw allows parking :

a) In front of a garage/carport

b) In the side or rear yards

Remove the parking that does not comply with the Zoning Bylaw and park only in front of the garage or in the side yard setback.
and A single family dwelling requires 2 onsite parking stalls. If you have a 2 car garage, then you meet the requirement for your house.

I'll try one more time as you appear to know what you speak of. Do you have a link to this Bylaw. Thanks!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

grizz wrote:the notes I have just put on is what the city sent me. I asked him to send the bylaws and still waiting. They told me its on their website. We have a mini van, a f350 truck and a expedition. They said you have to many vehicles? I again asked where the bylaw show how many a vehicles a owner can have. Again he sent me what I posted. Also note they tell you if you have a suite the tenant must park in your driveway off the street? So not clear as to where they should park if your driveway is shorter than others.

I've attempted to locate this in By-laws. I have not found it, and this makes me wonder. If anyone has a link post it, as Kelowna Bylaws are scrambled, I may have missed it.

Funny when you ask someone about the rules they enforce here, they don't really have the answer.
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

These laws are for Rutland and all of Kelowna. The city planner and bylaw sent me them. I too could not find the 2 car min bylaw online and again I will be asking him to send me them to me email directly. But 2 car garage = then 2 vehicles. No large parking in front. I going through this right now. Neighbor complained and bylaw said move vehicles or you get a fine in your own yard. Its been a nightmare dealing with this for the last week. If you have a big driveway and your neighbor complains, your gonna be going through the same thing.

Return to “Central Okanagan”