Chute lake road speed limit

See23

Chute lake road speed limit

Post by See23 »

What is the speed limit on Chute lake road by Chute Lake Elementary just before Kettle Valley?
It seems some people think it's 50 km.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Chute lake road speed limit

Post by Bsuds »

Looking at the street view on google maps it only shows 30k when going around the corners on the streets either side of the school. So it might be 50 on that stretch. There doesn't appear to be school zone signs on Chute lake.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
See23

Post by See23 »

That's what my daughter said and why I'm asking.
I thought maybe the school zone signs alone were enough to mean school speed zone.
It should be clearer because I've seen people do both 50+ and 30.
If I had a child there I'd be pushing for a 30 zone, no question.
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

If a road doesn't have a sign it is automatically 50kph.
SLX2007
Fledgling

Post by SLX2007 »

Regardless of posted speed, a responsible driver will see the school and drive according to risk (slow down, scan for children).
Others will just breeze by, daydreaming, distracted, texting or touching up their makeup.
Okanagan & the oil patch
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Unfortunately the second type is the most prevalent.

I was out walking my dog yesterday and while going past the school near me not 1 car slowed in the school zone!
It's a joke. I think there should be speed bumps in every school zone!
See23

Post by See23 »

Wasn't there a topic called "Ask a cop" on the Castanet site?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

delSol97 wrote:If a road doesn't have a sign it is automatically 50kph.

Yes ... I'm told ,by a cop, that unposted inter city speed limits is 50kmp/h
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Mike6921
Fledgling

Post by Mike6921 »

Speed limit is 50 and my understanding of the signage is that there's no school zone on Chute Lake rd, only on Lark St. I know there's a 50 sign somewhere along this stretch of Chute/Perimeter
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Mike6921
Fledgling

Post by Mike6921 »

Found it, the sign is just before the big corner
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Took a look via google street, noticed the fence between the school & Chute Lake Rd had no pass threw. Access is only on Lark St & Quilchena Dr.

So maybe since direct access is only available on those 2 routes, no school signs are needed on Chute Lake Rd.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

GordonH wrote:Took a look via google street, noticed the fence between the school & Chute Lake Rd had no pass threw. Access is only on Lark St & Quilchena Dr.

So maybe since direct access is only available on those 2 routes, no school signs are needed on Chute Lake Rd.

Yes i would agree it's only the two side streets where school access is that are in the marked 30 zone. But it leaves me wondering this:
Anne Mc Clymont has 30 zone on Lakeshore as road passes right past main access, Dorothy Walker also has 30 zone as Gordon Drive goes right past main access at front of school BUT Mission Secondary school has no 30 zone yet Gordon also runs right along in front of school and main access. Are the older children at this school too sensible to need it or are they not important enough to need it?
Answers on a postcard
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I don't understand why we even need school zones anymore. It seems to me the sidewalks hardly get used since parents are too paranoid to let their kids walk to school. I sure see a lot of cars dropping kids off and picking them up though.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jonrox wrote:I don't understand why we even need school zones anymore. It seems to me the sidewalks hardly get used since parents are too paranoid to let their kids walk to school. I sure see a lot of cars dropping kids off and picking them up though.

Those are the ones speeding to get there, pulling U turns, double parking etc etc.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Took a look via google street, noticed the fence between the school & Chute Lake Rd had no pass threw. Access is only on Lark St & Quilchena Dr.

dodgerdodge wrote:Yes i would agree it's only the two side streets where school access is that are in the marked 30 zone. But it leaves me wondering this:
Anne Mc Clymont has 30 zone on Lakeshore as road passes right past main access, Dorothy Walker also has 30 zone as Gordon Drive goes right past main access at front of school BUT Mission Secondary school has no 30 zone yet Gordon also runs right along in front of school and main access. Are the older children at this school too sensible to need it or are they not important enough to need it?
Answers on a postcard

You bring up a good point since just a little further down Gordon toward the Mission is Christian school at Evangel church. I'm not sure if I've notice school signs, of I know about both schools so tend to slow down in that area (even if it pi** off drivers behind me).
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 28th, 2015, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”