Übergod

Penticton>Kelowna>Vernon

Post by ToddT »

There I said it. Let the debate begin!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Penticton>Kelowna>Vernon

Post by Dizzy1 »

It should be North to South ... so I suggest Vernon>Kelowna>Penticton.

Discuss ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

What sort of rivalries have our communities had over the years? The one big one I can think of is our hockey teams but that faded a bit when the Spartans left the BCHL.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

ToddT, you really don't expect this thread to last long before it gets the chopping block, do you? There was a great thread a couple days ago about someone looking for the nearest Staples store. Hard to say if it was started by a troll or not but since the OP didn't specify which city he was near, it was kind of dumb. The thread was deleted, I noticed.

ETA: what about Kamloops? It had its own section a while ago before the "Amalgamation"; now its lost in the jungle. I would like to see South Okanagan, Central Okanagan, North Okanagan as categories.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ToddT wrote:What sort of rivalries have our communities had over the years? The one big one I can think of is our hockey teams but that faded a bit when the Spartans left the BCHL.

Where IKEA is gonna open up first ... Vernon, Kelowna or on the other side of the bridge.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Skaha Lake beach in Penticton is fantastic. The Greenway, Knox Mountain in Kelowna for easy trails. Stunning views from Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park in Vernon. Okanagan is the " best place on Earth ".
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Mike6921
Fledgling

Post by Mike6921 »

Until 1941 Vernon was bigger than Kelowna.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Why are you leaving out Oliver? It has a lot of wineries and orchards.

And Lumby, I mean really... who would ignore lumbians?
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
mountain sky
Fledgling

Post by mountain sky »

I don't know what or why as it hasn't been explained about the new "local" (at least I havn't seen it). But I can say I have very little interest in wading thru and opening threads that may or may not have any relevance to my life and jurisdiction. Castanet is rapidly losing me as a viewer and commenter with this new format.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I'm not entirely sure that I understand what this is about? Is it a protest over the new format? Or is it a Vernon is better than Kelowna is better than Penticton?

Help?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Try to keep up, it is a debate on which city needs more frozen yogurt stands.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Otter
Board Meister

Post by Otter »

Just putting in my two cents worth (devalued rate, of course_)

I really, truly HATE this new system. I live in Kelowna. I don't live in Vernon, Penticton, or any other hamlet in the Okanagan. When I go to these forums I want to know what's going on in MY city, not every other place in the Okanagan.

I do not want to (nor have the time to) wade through every single missive to find something that pertains to my home, life, or friends. If I want to know what's happening in one of the other communities, I would rather that was MY choice. I often would go and look at the other communities' pages if there was something going on there that I needed more info on, but that was MY choice.

This new system has removed the forum's members of making a choice to easily access the info they want and/or need. What, are we a bunch of children who need someone to make those choses for us? Do we not have the intelligence to know how to access a different listing if that's what we choose?

Please rethink this terrible mistake (and it is a mistake) before this entire site disappears because it's just not working for the majority of its users.
mountain sky
Fledgling

Post by mountain sky »

AMEN, could not have said it better myself. Confusing, waste of time, and totally boring to be opening topic after topic that you have no interest in. Quickly losing my patience and interest in Castanet. Have to also sort thru and open all news stories just to find relevant. Please return to old format.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

XT225 wrote:ToddT, you really don't expect this thread to last long before it gets the chopping block, do you? There was a great thread a couple days ago about someone looking for the nearest Staples store. Hard to say if it was started by a troll or not but since the OP didn't specify which city he was near, it was kind of dumb. The thread was deleted, I noticed.

ETA: what about Kamloops? It had its own section a while ago before the "Amalgamation"; now its lost in the jungle. I would like to see South Okanagan, Central Okanagan, North Okanagan as categories.

So far so good! I want my Penticton forum back! :)
If we're going to have a forum that celebrates the entire Okanagan region as "local" then we might as well have threads that everyone can post in, no?

And to clarify, it's Penticton that beats the pulp out of you other two, and the Vipers are chumps.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Dizzy1 wrote:Where IKEA is gonna open up first ... Vernon, Kelowna or on the other side of the bridge.

I think a place like Kamloops would get an Ikea before anyone. It's a regional hub, and has the land to support it.
I feel bad they were left out of my topic now. Kamloops is like the forgotten step-child of the Okanagan. I like to claim it as ours but the Cariboo likes to have their say too.

We are all Okanaganites.

Return to “Central Okanagan”