WARNING: break and enter

Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: WARNING: break and enter

Post by Leifer »

Even if "they" are masked, throwing Molotov cocktails at you house and screaming about killing you....if you protect yourself with a handgun you will be arrested and charged like a common criminal.

Don't believe me?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/20/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers/

Just makes you sick....
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Leifer wrote:Even if "they" are masked, throwing Molotov cocktails at you house and screaming about killing you....if you protect yourself with a handgun you will be arrested and charged like a common criminal.

Don't believe me?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/20/man-faces-jail-after-protecting-home-from-masked-attackers/

Just makes you sick....

\
I figured as much.
You'd think with all the great footage common sense would prevail.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

You'd think with all the great footage common sense would prevail.

It did...eventually.
He was acquitted after two years of battling the crown.
But the stress and money spent defending himself took a heavy toll.

Most law enforcement (friends and family) I have spoken to on this scenario believe he did the right thing. But the police do not make the laws....they just enforce them as best they can.

2)
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Looks like it was his only option other than confront them directly and risk burning to death.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Looks like it was his only option other than confront them directly and risk burning to death.

No, he could have maybe fled the property and let the place (and his dog) burn down....maybe.
But who wants to live in a country where you cannot defend your home and person...even under dire threat?

2)
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well there ya go, I didn't even consider fleeing. I'd probably get burned swinging a bat. Sad situation
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: WARNING:BREAK IN:break and enter

Post by Wally »

dogspoiler wrote:
Hi Wally, if you go down to the gun store and look at one you will see that it's spelled Beretta. Maybe swap it for a Colt, LOL.

I was considering wether I spelled it correctly or not, but I didnt feel like going and looking at it to find out, didnt think it really mattered.
Going today, hear tommorow
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Leifer wrote:He was acquitted after two years of battling the crown.
But the stress and money spent defending himself took a heavy toll.

Most law enforcement (friends and family) I have spoken to on this scenario believe he did the right thing. But the police do not make the laws....they just enforce them as best they can.

I think you missed something here. The "law" by acquitting him said that he was not guilty.

The justice system is made up of several components. First the police, who investigate. If they don't think the incident warrants chages that's it. If they do, they forward their report to crown counsel, crown reads the file and applies the law and if they feel charges are warranted they are laid.

In this case from the limited info we have to deal with it looks like the police and crown let him down, the "law" didn't.

The quoted statement by the cop that the court was where the accused tells his story is ridiculous. If the incident does warrant charges don't charge.

This isn't like we have a victim complaining, "Ya, I was fire bombing this guy's house and he shot at me and my buddies"

The police and crown are charging based on a victim of a criminal act reporting he was a victim.

Just awful.

Put in this position I think I might have done the same, except I might not have had the restraint to miss.

There's a saying, "better to be tried by 12, than be carried by 6".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
ValB58
Banned

Re: WARNING:BREAK IN:break and enter

Post by ValB58 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 24th, 2015, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Anyone dumb enough to come into our house and wake up the pit wife will soon wish it was me and a gun they were facing.
Black Dogs Matter
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 24th, 2015, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

squirt10 wrote:police informed me /B/E 750 to 900 block clement avenue.across fom b.c tree fruits..Watch ALLEYS.watch as home owner left. for work all stolen cameras/t.v on and on.new people?in your block?

If police informed you... Why didn't you ask them questions? I would want to know if they are in my block and not tell them if they are. I don't get why they ask you?
V!
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
AwakeFromDreamland
Fledgling

Post by AwakeFromDreamland »

Endocannabinoid system "We are all born with a form of marijuana already in our bodies." "Cannabis kills cancer cells,people are not aware of that,they think cancer/cannabis - anti nausea.It's waay beyond that." Dr.Robert Melamede phD

Return to “Central Okanagan”