13 on-leash parks added... soooooooo....

marooned
Board Meister

Re: 13 on-leash parks added... soooooooo....

Post by marooned »

CoK should explore seasonal off-leash dog parks. Surrey has done a great job with this and really, when you look at who uses parks October to March, the majority are dog owners walking their dogs.

And I agree - dogs should be pretty strict about their owners picking up after them!

As for folks who ask where the money should come from, I guess us dog owners never pay tax? It's ridiculous to reduce our society to a user pay model. If you want to, let's toll roads, charge minor hockey teams the true cost of the arena use, tax boat launches, pay to skate at Stuart rink, etc. etc. It makes no sense to argue this point, because in the end we all lose the benefits of working as a community.

I've never passed the off leash parks and seen then empty. -28? There's still someone out there with their husky frolicking. It's very frustrating that there aren't more of these well used parks.

Good point, Amarow121.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: 13 On Leash Parks Added...soooooooo....

Post by Symbonite »

Dizzy1 wrote:Not when it equates to a small percentage. That's just like me saying my car is more efficient because I can get 800kms on one tank of gas vs. 500kms on a tank of gas if the 800 tank is bigger than the 500 tank.

No matter how you put it...you still got 8 vs 5 meaning you will alway have 3 more parks that are offleash....nothing to complain about....more is better right?
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”