Ogoplay in West Kelowna?

Zoso
Übergod

Re: Ogoplay in West Kelowna?

Post by Zoso »

I hope they shut down soon enough . People will tend to go until the bitter end until they lose their houses over it . I hate seeing it . Business owners generally do not get a lot of sleep when things aren't good . Which has likely been the case for a long time . I'm glad the poster received three hundred minus a day . I'm sure they intended to hang on longer .
Strong and free
laurar

Post by laurar »

We still have 8 months left on our yearly membership. So disappointing that money will be going to waste.
laurar

Post by laurar »

I should also mention, I understand business trouble. Especially in West Kelowna. However they literally dissapeared over night. Put a sign on their door, deleted their Social Media pages and disconnected their phone number. Such a slap in the face to long time, loyal and paying customers. An explanation would have been nice - or at least "Hey heads up we're closing." We were there 6 days before they closed and not a word.
MoparPrincess

Post by MoparPrincess »

I'd be curious to find out what happened to all of their "after school care" customers. Or maybe that's partially why they had to close...couldn't afford to NOT have the after school care, but no one wanted to take their child there at the price they were trying to charge.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

You couldn't pay me enough to look after other people's kids . Kind of expensive real estate for babysitting . Likely why people convert old houses . Not a lot of options for parents . Now there's one less .
Strong and free
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Seems like the OP wasn't the only one effected:

*bleep*/newsitem/no-refunds-f ... rs/it18635

I am sorry they had financial hardship, but if they had been more upfront, maybe they could have done a fundraiser or something.

Sad for all involved.
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Good news - two businesses have stepped forward to fill in the gap for some of the families that were sold passes to Ogoplay.

*bleep*/newsitem/local-compan ... on/it18772

Nice one. I love it when people help each other out.
scoop12345

Post by scoop12345 »

I fully agree, this is not a witch hunt or unreasonable that you would be mad and disappointed that a business you supported from the very opening would know they are closing( because we all know that you have to give the landlord notice) and still take your money, for a year membership................really. And I also called the number and after noticing the closed sign and felt sad because there isn't a lot of choices for children to play in West Kelowna and now they are gone. Hopefully a new owner will take over the place and if so perhaps they will honour your year pass, some new businesses will do that. Good Luck.
tunachick
Board Meister

Post by tunachick »

Just 4 Fun now open in the former Ogoplay location. http://www.just4funwk.ca/
laurar

Post by laurar »

We were contacted by the new owner, Roshelle, at Just 4 Fun (Formerly Ogo Play) to inform us we are welcome to a free yearly membership for our remaining time we had with Ogo Play. Amazing!! They changed the set up, they took away the money-grab coin machines, they serve awesome baked goods and coffee from Bliss Bakery and the new owners are so friendly and hard working. I am so glad Ogo Play closed and gave these exceptional business owners a chance to do better with what Ogo Play failed miserably at.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

They should have exercise equipment in there instead of baked goods . Then parents can do something while they watch their kids play . Be a shame to have to throw away all their day olds and keep up selection . I'm sure it's just for the first month or so . Baked goods .. Haha
Strong and free

Return to “Central Okanagan”