ATV crash badly injures 2

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: ATV crash badly injures 2

Post by vinnied »

doesnt even matter. there well on there way to making the set goal. $1985 dollars in 17 hours
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

hahaha Always Sunny :)

sometimes a picture says a thousand words !!

and yeah, maybe wait and see what unfolds before asking for public donations

also, I have no doubt they will link their gofundme page to their FB accounts...
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

skydawg wrote:Asking for some help is fine but this happened Saturday? As in yesterday or last Saturday? Seems a bit early to be asking for handouts.

The GoFundMe account was started 17 hours ago and the page starts out with "tonight my husband"...so it definitely seems like it was yesterday and not a week ago.

I do think crowd funding can do miraculous things in the right circumstances. For example, there's one going right now for that poor young family that was murdered in Saskatchewan a few days ago. Besides the obvious tragedy of it, they've already said that the funds will go towards funeral costs and any remainder will be set aside for the surviving infant.

I try not to question people's intentions in a time of need, but this one raises a lot of red flags to me.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Temet Nosce wrote:I don't have FB nor would I creep someone's if I did have it so have no idea what the FB references mean....

Thanks Always Sunny....that helps me a LOT with the FB comments. Ok to quote someone else on here in a different thread...."I'm tapping out on this one" lol! But....I really did want to make the point that nurse and oil worker doesn't always = lots of $$ AND nurse doesn't always mean RN....big difference.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

By their FB page it seems like they are to to hard up. and also enjoy a few drinks. Even though they don't drink alcohol.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Temet Nosce wrote:Thanks Always Sunny....that helps me a LOT with the FB comments. Ok to quote someone else on here in a different thread...."I'm tapping out on this one" lol! But....I really did want to make the point that nurse and oil worker doesn't always = lots of $$ AND nurse doesn't always mean RN....big difference.

[deleted - misunderstood original post]

Not arguing that "nurse" and "oil field worker" might not = a lot of money.

But when your posts speak to golfing, drinking Keg sized drinks (they don't drink remember), and a 30' RV...the public might become a little skeptic of the story.
Last edited by Always Sunny on Apr 26th, 2015, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Well, if you mean you want me to sit here and transcribe their public FB profiles, I'm not.

But when your posts speak to golfing, drinking Keg sized drinks (they don't drink remember), and a 30' RV...the public might become a little skeptic of the story.

Ummmm...I think maybe you misread my post...I was actually thanking you! I also made the comment "I'm tapping out"...my attempt at humor and admitting those pictures don't serve their cause well at all--hence my comment that "I am tapping out"....
So carry on....
And my comment about the RN verus LPN was just that a comment....wasn't at all directed at you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Me wonders if the keeping up with the Jones, may have come home to roost.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Well, if you mean you want me to sit here and transcribe their public FB profiles, I'm not.

Temet Nosce wrote:Ummmm...I think maybe you misread my post...I was actually thanking you! I also made the comment "I'm tapping out"...my attempt at humor and admitting those pictures don't serve their cause well at all--hence my comment that "I am tapping out"....
So carry on....
And my comment about the RN verus LPN was just that a comment....wasn't at all directed at you.

My apologies. It did read a bit sarcastic to me as I thought you were asking for more context (comments) with the pictures I posted. By tapping out I thought you were frustrated with the discussion. Sorry! :)

To speak to the RN/LPN debate...her profile also says "former LPN at Interior Health" so perhaps she's laid off as well. Maybe that's driving this?
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

My apologies. It did read a bit sarcastic to me as I thought you were asking for more context (comments) with the pictures I posted. By tapping out I thought you were frustrated with the discussion. Sorry! :)

To speak to the RN/LPN debate...her profile also says "former LPN at Interior Health" so perhaps she's laid off as well. Maybe that's driving this?

No worries my reply was a lame attempt at humor...after I saw your post with the pictures I actually burst out laughing so was just trying to be funny while conceding...
grizz
Fledgling

Post by grizz »

Where is the human compassion today. The dog is a loved family member as well. Accidents happen everyday, some are hard to understand how they happened. Nobody leaves home thinking they will wind up in the hospital or killed in a accident. We are all human and we make mistakes. Rich or poor, who cares. Who are we to judge anyone. I pray for the speedy recovery of the man and his dog. Until you have been in their position and know the facts, don't judge them.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Of course some of us Facebook lurkers look for facts in their lifestyle.
From what I've seen on their Facebook, I'd say they are doing very well.
New house, big trailer, parties, no shortage of excitement.

I don't care what they do for work, or how much money they make, this story stinks!
Being irresponsible riding someone else's quad, and rolling it because you claim the dog was in the way, leads me to think someone was not responsible, and then asking for donations to make it through your "irresponsibilities" is pretty ridiculous!

If they need money, live a lifestyle that suits their means!
Sell that truck and trailer!
Don't ask the general public for money, unless your on welfare, and have nothing!

Oh, by the way, I am going quading tommorow, I will take the dog with me, if anything happens, can I count on all of you to cover any expenses I occur if I get into an accident on the trail and the dog gets hurt?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

UltraViolet wrote:Of course some of us Facebook lurkers look for facts in their lifestyle.
From what I've seen on their Facebook, I'd say they are doing very well.
New house, big trailer, parties, no shortage of excitement.

I don't care what they do for work, or how much money they make, this story stinks!
Being irresponsible riding someone else's quad, and rolling it because you claim the dog was in the way, leads me to think someone was not responsible, and then asking for donations to make it through your "irresponsibilities" is pretty ridiculous!

If they need money, live a lifestyle that suits their means!
Sell that truck and trailer!
Don't ask the general public for money, unless your on welfare, and have nothing!

Oh, by the way, I am going quading tommorow, I will take the dog with me, if anything happens, can I count on all of you to cover any expenses I occur if I get into an accident on the trail and the dog gets hurt?

Well said. If I could like this post twice I would, but once is all I get.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Yes Always Sunny you could be right about that....and so she is an LPN kinda what I thought. And I admit the pics don't serve them well but....could they be old pics? I have no idea I don't use FB. I admit the pics are compelling but I really hope the dog gets the veterinary care it needs and that the man recovers from his injuries!
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

grizz wrote: I pray for the speedy recovery of the man and his dog. Until you have been in their position and know the facts, don't judge them.

I would give them my prayers, but it is quite clear they are only interested in money.
At least that is all they are asking for right now.
Oh and .... don't judge me for judging them!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Central Okanagan”