ATV crash badly injures 2

XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: ATV crash badly injures 2

Post by XT225 »

Sad to hear about this but as far as his head injuries are concerned, they could've been considerably less, had he been wearing a helmet. If you flip and ATV and it lands on your head without some protection, you are going to be seriously injured. Not rocket science.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

grizz wrote:Where is the human compassion today. The dog is a loved family member as well. Accidents happen everyday, some are hard to understand how they happened. Nobody leaves home thinking they will wind up in the hospital or killed in a accident. We are all human and we make mistakes. Rich or poor, who cares. Who are we to judge anyone. I pray for the speedy recovery of the man and his dog. Until you have been in their position and know the facts, don't judge them.

...when you immediately resort to pandering the public for donations, you better expect some questions - especially when you have a 30' RV parked in your driveway...what the hell happened to people being responsible for themselves?...you crashed your ATV and injured yourself and your dog...BC med covers you - the dog?...well, maybe time to look at a quick bank loan/line of credit - then sell a couple of your assets to cover the cost...nope - way easier to keep all those great toys and ask someone else to pay for your misfortunes...this sort of stuff really rubs me the wrong way - and the more this gets looked into - the more it simply seems wrong ...
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

XT225 wrote:Sad to hear about this but as far as his head injuries are concerned, they could've been considerably less, had he been wearing a helmet. If you flip and ATV and it lands on your head without some protection, you are going to be seriously injured. Not rocket science.

It was dark.....
You don't need a helmet in the dark!

He was better off to just sit around the campfire and drink, and not bother going out being "irresponsible"
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

this sort of stuff really rubs me the wrong way - and the more this gets looked into - the more it simply seems wrong ...

It really rubs me the wrong way, and a couple of others I am sure!
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

...when you immediately resort to pandering the public for donations, you better expect some questions - especially when you have a 30' RV parked in your driveway...what the hell happened to people being responsible for themselves?...you crashed your ATV and injured yourself and your dog...BC med covers you - the dog?...well, maybe time to look at a quick bank loan/line of credit - then sell a couple of your assets to cover the cost...nope - way easier to keep all those great toys and ask someone else to pay for your misfortunes...this sort of stuff really rubs me the wrong way - and the more this gets looked into - the more it simply seems wrong ...

Again I really don't know (none of us do) but my son just did a very quick FB creeping that some of you did and looked at those same two pictures and said they are dated 2013--2 years ago. So who knows what their situation is I just don't think we should assume...and again hate to see anyone in a difficult situation and perhaps they truly cannot afford the veterinary bills..... just saying...
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Temet Nosce wrote:Again I really don't know (none of us do) but my son just did a very quick FB creeping that some of you did and looked at those same two pictures and said they are dated 2013--2 years ago. So who knows what their situation is I just don't think we should assume...and again hate to see anyone in a difficult situation and perhaps they truly cannot afford the veterinary bills..... just saying...

It's certainly possible. But red flags exist (beyond the possibility of the pics being old).

Why are they asking for $5000 (really, a made up # at this point) for the dog's surgery, when they state over and over that they don't know the outcome or what procedures he'll actually need? I mean, it's a bit like raising money for a loved one's funeral when they're in a coma. Seems like "just in case" money at this point. I think the responsible thing to do, if you're really appealing to the generosity of strangers, is to wait beyond the night of the accident to get a better sense of the situation.

It's just a bit fishy is all.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

oh ?? you got your son to "creep" their FB page after you stated that you would never "creep" someone's FB page Tement ?? interesting...

just saying....
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

westside105 wrote:oh ?? you got your son to "creep" their FB page after you stated that you would never "creep" someone's FB page Tement ?? interesting...

just saying....

Lol we just got a huge kick out of your post... I haven't been able to "get him" to do anything for many many years! Lol. And no I didn't "get him to creep FB"...We were talking about this story and he went on his FB and looked.... Before you get all twisted up he is in his 20's so has a mind of his own.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I have been in situations where medical need was needed for both family and animal members. In both cases, in the heat of the moment, I just wanted anything and everything possible to help the issue at hand. Money was not a factor or a concern at the moment compared to the health. All I wanted was to get help for the medical issue at hand and would worry about money, payments, etc., later... at the time of the emergency... nothing was stopping me from doing everything to help my loved ones.
I do not have fifth wheels in my driveway, educated careers or a hubby that worked in $$Alberta$$...my concern was for my family... not paying the vet bill.
Money can be made, your health is priceless.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Temet Nosce wrote:Again I really don't know (none of us do) but my son just did a very quick FB creeping that some of you did and looked at those same two pictures and said they are dated 2013--2 years ago. So who knows what their situation is I just don't think we should assume...and again hate to see anyone in a difficult situation and perhaps they truly cannot afford the veterinary bills..... just saying...

...they got married last year, bought a house, took a vacation and swam with some dolphins...I haven't got 2 nickels to rub together, haven't taken a vacation in years, and god help me if my dog gets hurt and I have vet bills to look at - but I would never, in my widest dreams, even think for 1 second to create a "GoFundMe" account the same day as my misfortune and expect complete strangers to cough up and pay my way - especially if I have a yard full of toys...unbelievable...call it creeping or whatever - but if you have the balls to solicit money online from complete strangers - don't be surprised if they open a few of your very public closet doors and check to see if you have any skeletons with nice clothing on...
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Kind of reminds me of that couple in Seclusion Bay a couple of years ago who lost it all in a wild fire; their waterfront home, their RV, their race boat and their Harleys, and pleaded with the public for money because they couldn't afford insurance and lost it all.

Listen, it doesn't matter what jobs you have or had, whether you have savings or not, whether you drink or not; if it's dark, and you jump on your quad without a helmet, don't control your dog, and roll it for any reason; it's understood by everyone that you assumed all risk for the results of your actions.

Shame on these people for begging for money. What ever happened to being responsible for your actions?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

$2590 and counting
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Joe Public wrote:...Shame on these people for begging for money. What ever happened to being responsible for your actions?

Crowd funding happened unfortunately.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

No argument here if you ask for public donations expect your circumstances to be scrutinized. I was never arguing that. I just don't have FB, not a FB fan at all, would never bother using it... Or look at another's. My point was not about viewing their FB and was more about maybe we don't know really know their situation. My original post was also more directed at 'nurse' comment because I know that many refer to themselves as a nurse without qualifying LPN or RN and they are very different qualifications and earnings.
Anyway... I also mentioned some of the pics were compelling but I don't want to jump to conclusions since we don't really know....
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I'm starting to think that crowd funding could buy me a new Bentley.
I do need one.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”