Loud bikes

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: That time of year again: loud bikes

Post by the truth »

there no better then the loud bikes
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

pentona wrote:I know that this is a little off topic but still an interesting comparison - I despise these big jacked up diesel pickups that have unusually large exhaust pipes and the drivers rev the H@ll out of them, creating a lot of noise. I would say its every bit as annoying as any motorcycle with loud pipes.

I can't see these being stock pipes on these trucks? Figured that I would post this as the thread has gone kind of quiet lately.

I think they are worse than the Bikes and boats....

Not only the high rev noise comming out of their pipes because they want to hear the turbos spin and rumble but its the thing called "Blowing Coal" where they bypass the computer that regulates the smoke emissions...nothing worse than a huge pipe that you have no where to go but having it aiming at your car at a red light and they stomp on the gas to make noise and smoke all the way the next light.

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Its actually called "Rolling Coal"
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The ridiculous loud vehicles have not gone anywhere. The bikes and the Dodge pickup trucks. Summer sucks. We open the doors here for a bunch of inconsiderate asshats.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, some truth to that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

logman wrote:The ridiculous loud vehicles have not gone anywhere. The bikes and the Dodge pickup trucks. Summer sucks. We open the doors here for a bunch of inconsiderate asshats.

...well, don't hold your breath, because the "inconsiderate asshats" aren't going anywhere anytime soon...maybe turn on NetFlix and watch American Graffitti, or maybe a little Marlon Brando in The Wild One or Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda in the classic Easy Rider...for some it's simply a way of life, and it's been that way since the car/motorbike were invented...doesn't make it right, doesn't mean you have to agree with it...but holy moly you're gonna give yourself an ulcer if all you can do is sit and stew all summer about "loud" stuff...my god - I can't imagine what people did back in the "good old days" before they had online chatrooms to sit and vent for hours on end about trivial nothingness (yes - I'm fully aware I'm as guilty as anyone else)...oh - that's right - they went about their business and didn't worry about what others were or weren't doing...gonna be great summer...
...eta: btw - many of those "inconsiderate asshats" live here year round - they're not all just summer visitors...
Guru

Post by 1669 »

I need to watch a 50 year old movie to realize which outdated fantasy the loud asshats are living in?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Rolling coal=rolling *bleep*.......and guys in BMWs get a bad rap. Oh PS Harley Davidson is so overplayed it actually isn't funny anymore, nothing against people who ride them, but the stereotype is killin it!
Sure do love Rutland!!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

phasyluck wrote:Rolling coal=rolling jerk.......and guys in BMWs get a bad rap. Oh PS Harley Davidson is so overplayed it actually isn't funny anymore, nothing against people who ride them, but the stereotype is killin it!

Actually, the stereotype is what keeps them extremely successful. They just aren't appealing to your demographic.....just as others don't necessarily like what you do.

It would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same things.
You and 71 others Like this post
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I know what you mean....this is why it's not funny anymore.
Sure do love Rutland!!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

phasyluck wrote:Rolling coal=rolling jerk.......and guys in BMWs get a bad rap. Oh PS Harley Davidson is so overplayed it actually isn't funny anymore, nothing against people who ride them, but the stereotype is killin it!

If this is something you truly care about you're not a real rider. Most people don't care and just enjoy the experience of being out on the road in the fresh air.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ When the loud bikes, boats & vehicles start to wear on my nerves I head to mountains to hike & fish (not much fresh air on the highways, since you are breathing in exhaust fumes). So far have not been bothered, of course sooner or later dirt bikes or atv's will find me.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Cheers to that! I'll ride my KTM in the stix before I'm caught dead beside a Harley. So ya I'm not a true rider, got me!
Sure do love Rutland!!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

phasyluck wrote:Cheers to that! I'll ride my KTM in the stix before I'm caught dead beside a Harley. So ya I'm not a true rider, got me!

When not on the Harley, you'll generally find us doing the same thing, although our dirtbike is a Honda while the kids ride a KTM. Pretentious people and *bleep* bags are not defined by the brand of vehicle they own but by their attitudes towards other people.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JLives wrote:
When not on the Harley, you'll generally find us doing the same thing, although our dirtbike is a Honda while the kids ride a KTM. Pretentious people and jerk bags are not defined by the brand of vehicle they own but by their attitudes towards other people.

I agree with underline part, especially those who alter the exhaust system to make them so much louder then what came out of the production door. Or in the case of diesel 4X4 louder & larger amounts black carbon compounds.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”