Small Dog Owners Beware in Rutland

Isyboe

Small Dog Owners Beware in Rutland

Post by Isyboe »

While out walking my 2 small dogs last night ( one 9 lbs, one 17 lbs ) and a friends Whippet we were attacked by a large dog.
I was walking along Friesen between Phipps and Wallace at 5:30 p.m.
My dogs were all leashed and in my control.
A larger dog ( guessing 60 lbs), brown, beige and white, saw us from over a half a block away, got away from it's owner, and ran and attacked my 2 smaller dogs.
The owner eventually reached us and was very apologetic stating that her dog does not like small dogs.
I am not proud of my language during the altercation, but as my Yorkie was laying upside down between this dogs legs screaming as the dog was shaking it and trying to bite it.
I am putting this out there...so anyone who lives in the area can be aware that there is a blonde woman with very short hair walking her dog in this area. The dog does not like small dogs, and even with the pinch collar she had on it...she does NOT have control.
My dogs will be ok.
The next time...someone else's may not be.
And yes...I have notified Dog Control
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Small Dog Owners Beware in Rutland

Post by Anonymous123 »

Isyboe wrote:While out walking my 2 small dogs last night ( one 9 lbs, one 17 lbs ) and a friends Whippet we were attacked by a large dog.
I was walking along Friesen between Phipps and Wallace at 5:30 p.m.
My dogs were all leashed and in my control.
A larger dog ( guessing 60 lbs), brown, beige and white, saw us from over a half a block away, got away from it's owner, and ran and attacked my 2 smaller dogs.
The owner eventually reached us and was very apologetic stating that her dog does not like small dogs.
I am not proud of my language during the altercation, but as my Yorkie was laying upside down between this dogs legs screaming as the dog was shaking it and trying to bite it.
I am putting this out there...so anyone who lives in the area can be aware that there is a blonde woman with very short hair walking her dog in this area. The dog does not like small dogs, and even with the pinch collar she had on it...she does NOT have control.
My dogs will be ok.
The next time...someone else's may not be.
And yes...I have notified Dog Control

Get some pepper spray at the outdoor supply store in Rutland.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Isyboe

Re: Small Dog Owners Beware in Rutland

Post by Isyboe »

I am still looking for the Owner of the dog responsible. As my Vet bill's are now mounting...I would like a little help from her.
If anyone knows , or has an idea of who this may be. I would appreciate a tip.
Thanks.

Return to “Central Okanagan”