Gas gouging on its way again

cv23
Guru

Re: Gas gouging on its way again

Post by cv23 »

GordonH wrote:Lowest rack price today Halifax at .536 (Pump price $0.959)
Highest rack price today Thunder Bay at .71 (Pump price $1.019)

Is taxes that low in Ontario or are they that high in Nova Scotia

Just me stirring the pot. lol

In Vancouver gas taxes are .442/l so retailers are making about $0.13/l
In Halifax gas taxes are .293/l so retailers are making about $0.13/l
In Kamloops gas taxes are $.327/l so retailers are making about $0.11/l
In Edmonton gas taxes are $.242/l so retailers are making about $0.03/l
In Thunder Bay gas taxes are $.279/l so retailers are making about $0.03/l
In Kelowna gas taxes are $.327/l so retailers are making about $0.161/l less delivery charges from Kamloops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_fue ... _in_Canada
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Static wrote:Our companies have to buy the commodity at a 26% premium. Even when it is CDN produced gas we still must pay the market price which is in US dollar.

You're buying right into the propaganda
When the disconnect materialized last spring, instead of taking action, the Harper government produced an industry-enabling rationale. Natural Resources Canada shored up refiners’ excessive pricing practices by suggesting Canadian-made petroleum products are sold in US dollars, but Canadians purchase gasoline with Canadian dollars.

Petroleum products produced in Canadian refineries with Canadian employees for distribution to Canadian retail outlets across Canada are not sold in US dollars.

Canada is a net exporter of petroleum products—we produce more gasoline than we need—but Natural Resources Canada would have us believe we import every litre of gasoline we consume from the United States. That’s how they justify U.S. prices inflated to Canadian dollars at the going exchange rate.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/09 ... uged-pumps
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

To add fuel to the fire for the great gas pump ripoff...

In the Tri-cities area (Coquitlam, PoCo, Port Moody) gas is floating around $1.10/litre.[*] There are local bylaws that prohibit motorists from pumping their own gas - all gas stations in the tri-cities are full-service. You don't necessarily have full-serve (or pay more for it), and it's about 7 cents/litre more for your gasoline.

[*]I say floating because, unlike your market, prices here actually fluctuate depending on popular traffic route and time of day. It's common to see two differing prices at gas stations that are across the street from each other.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Price of gas as of Oct 12,
Richmond, $1.17.9
Chilliwack $1.02.9
Kelowna $1.22.9
Please big oil, explain? You must have a good reason we in the Okanagan can live by.
Thank you.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Jonrox wrote:If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Funny. They have us over a barrel.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Jonrox wrote:If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

I see someone likes being bent over. It's actually a very legit question. So, with a reply like yours either says you're with big oil, (which I highly doubt), or you're about 11 years old. Just curious which one it it. I know which one I think it is.

Funny how good questions on a forum either go unanswered, or ridiculed.

Enquiring minds want to know...I want to know!!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I think gas is a good deal where it's priced right now, regardless of what other people are paying. I know I'd pay more.

Here's a good question back to you... How much would gas have to cost before you changed your buying behaviour, cut back significantly, or stopped buying completely? What's your limit?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Hmmm wrote:Funny. They have us over a barrel.

Exactly. So why should gas be cheaper?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

casey60 wrote:Price of gas as of Oct 12,
Richmond, $1.17.9
Chilliwack $1.02.9
Kelowna $1.22.9
Please big oil, explain? You must have a good reason we in the Okanagan can live by.
Thank you.

And in case you thought I didn't answer this to your satisfaction... the answer is... because they can. I know you guys hate this answer, but it's the truth.

Now if a few of you could just answer my questions, I'm really curious as to what you have to say.

How much would gas have to cost before you changed your buying behaviour, cut back significantly, or stopped buying completely? What's your limit?

Given your answers to the above questions, please then explain why gas should be cheaper.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Gas is 75 cents a gallon cheaper in Kamloops. Ripped off in Kelowna again.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

westbankkid wrote:Gas is 75 cents a gallon cheaper in Kamloops. Ripped off in Kelowna again.

Don't know where you are getting your numbers but according to gasbuddy there is 14cents per litre diff unless you go to Costco then its 17.

Considering Canada went Metric in the 70's it would mean most posters on here weren't even born yet and don't know what a gallon is.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

Bsuds wrote:
Don't know where you are getting your numbers but according to gasbuddy there is 14cents per litre diff unless you go to Costco then its 17. .

.17x 4.54=77.18 Plenty of folks still think "imperial gallon"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Only us old farts but unless you are comparing to our neighbours in the US then why not just stay in Litres.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Bsuds wrote:Only us old farts but unless you are comparing to our neighbours in the US then why not just stay in Litres.

Because the impact is greater. If metrics were not there people would not stand for differences as much as they are.

Return to “Central Okanagan”