Gas gouging on its way again

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Gas gouging on its way again

Post by stuphoto »

Yugo all the way,
Not only can I still fuel up for $12.00, but I also triple the value of my car at the same time.
susyq
Fledgling

Post by susyq »

So what the heck is going on???? Gas jumped to $1.19.9 this morning..... oil prices have not changed much, this is just ignorant!!! I am not understanding why they have to jump prices 9 cents...... Merry Christmas from the big Oil Companies!!!! Pffftttt...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I hear you. Nothing to dampen the Christmas spirit like "here's your fuel cost increase when going to see Gramma."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

When prices vary in a region by as much as 10 cents a litre then I think it safe to say that it is the retailers that are setting the price.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Even here in edmondump it went from high 80s to around 104-109 in a flash.
Sure do love Rutland!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Anonymous123 wrote:When prices vary in a region by as much as 10 cents a litre then I think it safe to say that it is the retailers that are setting the price.

it almost always is the retailers, I never buy anything but gas at gas stations for a few years now ,I will not give them a penny more , would be nice if every one did the same
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

susyq wrote:So what the heck is going on???? Gas jumped to $1.19.9 this morning..... oil prices have not changed much, this is just ignorant!!! I am not understanding why they have to jump prices 9 cents...... Merry Christmas from the big Oil Companies!!!! Pffftttt...

its called 2 pipeline expansions , you should be made at all folks supporting exporting oil instead of refining for us to use :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Anonymous123 wrote:When prices vary in a region by as much as 10 cents a litre then I think it safe to say that it is the retailers that are setting the price.

which would be collusion , but since our govt is having sex with oil industry , zero will be done about it
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:

which would be collusion , but since our govt is having sex with oil industry , zero will be done about it

:up: :laugh: good one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

maryjane48 wrote:

And here I thought the govt was having sex with the general population.
seeings were the ones always getting screwed
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

vinnied wrote:And here I thought the govt was having sex with the general population.
seeings were the ones always getting screwed

I was in Princeton on Thursday. The price said 118.9, so I drove up to Esso, tapped my card, selected the regular grade, put the nozzle in the hole, and just as I was about to pull the trigger I noticed that the pump price was 124.9.

WHAT!?

I went inside, and asked the lady at the country why the pump price was so much higher, and she said that she had changed the price, but the guy who knew how to change the sign wasn't in to work yet, so the sign would have to remain wrong until his shift started.

I then drove off to find the Chevron across the highway where the price was visibly shown to be 118.9 on the sign. Enroute, I discovered the Petro-Can where gas was 116.9. Woohoo!

I might have been getting screwed at 116.9, but it sure felt good when I considered the alternatives.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

maryjane48 wrote:
susyq wrote:So what the heck is going on???? Gas jumped to $1.19.9 this morning..... oil prices have not changed much, this is just ignorant!!! I am not understanding why they have to jump prices 9 cents...... Merry Christmas from the big Oil Companies!!!! Pffftttt...

its called 2 pipeline expansions , you should be made at all folks supporting exporting oil instead of refining for us to use :smt045

And here I thought it was called "Christmas bonus for oil execs are now due" :135:
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Vernon is at 106.9/L right now.

If you're headed that way anyways, save room in the tank. Falkland was 114.9/L, no idea what is in Armstrong or Enderby.
Last edited by Queen K on Apr 10th, 2017, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Vernon 106.9/L right now.

If you're headed that way anyways, save room in the tank. Falkland was 114.9/L, no idea what is in Armstrong or Enderby.

Vernon has been trying to bump up to 114 or so, but half the town refuses to go up.... long weekend coming, so FILL UP NOW!!!!!!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”