Wasp trap solution

westbanker
Fledgling

Re: Wasp trap solution

Post by westbanker »

we have been buying the Rescue traps for about 6 yrs, used to only be available in the US at Lowes, now they're available up here. It's insane how well they work. We get the dry one w/ the pheromone cone so it's super easy to empty and dump out. The trap cleans up and just have to replace the cone every year.

http://www.rescue.com/product/reusable- ... acket-trap

and no I don't own any shares or have a relationship w/ that company, wish I DID !

last year saw it a Dogwood, not sure if they have them there this year. (stock piled last year and don't need any yet)
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I truly fail to understand why people have tendencies to kill wasps or any other insect. I understand the need to repel or avoid something, but killing it is just so extreme and final.
What is it with the human race and their intent to kill everything that isn't a human? It's so very, very sad.
Imo, it brings disgrace to our species.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Wasps are not predisposed to fly out of hiding and sting you just cuz ur there.

They want what you have, that being food and drink and if you're eating or drinking outside, they will come.

I have 2 fountains on my deck and they come in on a regular flight path to drink. They drink. They leave. It's almost like we have an arrangement and they don't bother us.

For those who are absolutely panic stricken by them though, the clear bag with the powdered pheromone in it that you fill with water worked well when we had the really bad year 2 years ago.

About every 6 or 7 years, there is an overabundance of them and in the interest of keeping everyone (except the wasps) happy, I used one of them and it stemmed the tide.

Under normal circumstances though, it's live and let live.

And unless you're allergic to the poison, a wasp sting doesn't hurt ya big babies.

You know who you are!
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”