Dogs in vehicles and crimes being commited

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Dogs in vehicles and crimes being commited

Post by Jflem1983 »

coco2000 wrote:If a woman, man, animal, were in danger in a "Wall Mart" parking lot, you are saying that WALMART will not allow an employee pushing carts (or any other employee of Wall Mart) to do do anything to help during a paid shift?
Example (call 911)
I disagree with WALMARTS IGNORANTS, simply because human man kind reacts to these kinds of situations. People want to help whether a dog is locked in a hot car, a crime is being committed. The employee is a witnesses to a crime. It is our social responsibility to help. No wonder our world is going to ####!!!!
So sad that a death, or any other crime in a WALLMART parking lot could have been avoided only if a WALMART employee could have called 911 on a paid shift.
It is ALL about the money.

What nonsense .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Report of as :cuss: hole leaving a dog in a vehicle.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... in-hot-car
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

30 days in jail i say ,for this dog owner
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

First heat wave of the year and we already are faced with stupid people.Our dogs go wherever we do most days of the year. They give us stinky looks when we leave them at home, sooner that then a dead dog.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Well, with so many quick to break windows, I have to take this link with a grain of salt.

Simply because If I had a dog and left it in the car, it would only be for a minute, literally. However I can count on some passionate without rationale person to smash my window just because the law says they can.

Dipsticks.

Love my animals when or while I have them and would never be inept or a moron.

I do take exception to for, lack of a better word/s, SJWs breaking windows because I don't get benefit of the doubt.

If you're that passionate? Wait the five minutes.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

What_the wrote:Well, with so many quick to break windows, I have to take this link with a grain of salt.

Simply because If I had a dog and left it in the car, it would only be for a minute, literally. However I can count on some passionate without rationale person to smash my window just because the law says they can.

Dipsticks.

I do take exception to for, lack of a better word/s, SJWs breaking windows because I don't get benefit of the doubt.

How is someone supposed to know how long you've been gone, or planning to be gone? 5 minutes in this heat with an animal trapped inside can already be too late.

I'm not saying my first thought would be to smash a window, but if I couldn't find the owner of the vehicle within a minute or two and the animal looked in stress, you can bet the window would be gone without a second thought.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

All due respect, I was waiting for that. And knew it was coming.

I was hoping that common sense would be taken into account with the context, and what my first 2 sentences said.

I wasn't speaking to, in distress.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What_the wrote:All due respect, I was waiting for that. And knew it was coming.

I was hoping that common sense would be taken into account with the context, and what my first 2 sentences said.

I wasn't speaking to, in distress.

If you look near bottom of page 3 I posted a time chart on how quickly the temperature inside vehicle can climb.
I'm guessing it's okay since it is only a dog/pet and not a child.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Loki2u wrote:I'm not saying my first thought would be to smash a window, but if I couldn't find the owner of the vehicle within a minute or two and the animal looked in stress, you can bet the window would be gone without a second thought.

I would determine if the animal is in distress or not and then follow the info from the SPCA website.

"If you see an animal you think is in distress, please call the BC SPCA animal cruelty hotline at 1-855-622-7722 during business hours and staff will help connect you with your local animal control or police. In an emergency, call 911."

If help did not arrive promptly and the animal was in trouble then I would not hesitate to break a window.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Some people are silly about this as well . I remember having my Malinois in the box of my pick up. She was fresh out of the lake . I stopped at extra foods . Got her some ground salmon . 4 minutes later I returned to find some jerk hassling my girlfriend. Saying the dog looked hot and was sweating . Lol she was still dripping from the lake . Anyways . Sometimes there is more to the story . For what it's worth . It was hot that day . The dog was in open air not a hot box . I politely told the jerk to move along
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hope the box wasn't hot to the touch. People forget that dogs burn their pads.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Non illegitimi carborundum est.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Fancy wrote:Hope the box wasn't hot to the touch. People forget that dogs burn their pads.

Not to mention a $500 fine for a loose dog in the box of a truck.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:
Fancy wrote:Hope the box wasn't hot to the touch. People forget that dogs burn their pads.

Not to mention a $500 fine for a loose dog in the box of a truck.

I don't believe that law exists or if it does it is not enforced

D_Man
Fledgling

Post by D_Man »

What_the wrote:Well, with so many quick to break windows, I have to take this link with a grain of salt.

Dipsticks.

If I see your dog in a vehicle during a hot day, I will help your dog out of the HOT vehicle, but don't worry I will wait around for you, or whom ever else's pet I rescue, and explain to you what I have done and why I did it and then perhaps it won't happen again :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”