Dogs in vehicles and crimes being commited

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Dogs in vehicles and crimes being commited

Post by mexi cali »

It is no different then going to Rona, leave your pet at home they'll feel less stressed and cooler! I totally dislike having dogs in Rona, I have health issues with straight haired dogs and don't even have to touch them. Stop it stupid people, "Ruff" can't pick out counter tops.....

And I used to respect you. You are more likely to have an allergic reaction to some of the unwashed heathens who walk among us than you ever would to a dog who was simply in the vicinity.

And even if you did, so what? It aint gonna kill you.

Do you not shop in flu season?

But I do agree with the leave them at home part. If you love your dog, you won't leave them in a car alone for any reason.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

When contacting emergency services, it's actually a terrible idea to permit what could be dozens of associates to act independently. Even in higher profile security areas, it's happened when the same incident gets reported several times, and each time the description of the incident is slightly different.

You can't over report and emergency. And the definition of emergency is in the eyes of the witness. Not some wiki definition.

I can't even begin to imagine how many situations have gone unreported becasue everybody thought everybody else had reported it.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

purpose of a policy

Just because it's a policy, don't make it right. Remember, stupid people can rise to positions where they can have input on policies and other stuff they have no business being around.

Walmart tends to promote those who stick around the longest. The talent pool they have to draw from is very shallow.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Walmart has to show that they've clearly trained all Walmartites

Ummmmmmmmm, it's "walmartians". ah der.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

If you have 5 different policies on how to communicate a crisis that differ depending on what the crisis

How about, if you see a crisis, communicate. Do something, stupid.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

(whether its a fight, car theft, hot dog)

Ok, a hot dog is not an emergency. Unless they forgot the mustard.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

mexi cali wrote:
It is no different then going to Rona, leave your pet at home they'll feel less stressed and cooler! I totally dislike having dogs in Rona, I have health issues with straight haired dogs and don't even have to touch them. Stop it stupid people, "Ruff" can't pick out counter tops.....

And I used to respect you. You are more likely to have an allergic reaction to some of the unwashed heathens who walk among us than you ever would to a dog who was simply in the vicinity.

And even if you did, so what? It aint gonna kill you.

Do you not shop in flu season?

But I do agree with the leave them at home part. If you love your dog, you won't leave them in a car alone for any reason.

Rona let's u bring dogs inside ... lots of stores do
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

In the exreme heat or the cold leave your dogs at home people.

I carry a tire iron.

You leave your dog in your vehicle and it's distressed I'm gonna use that tire iron.

I'll do the same for kids and the elderly who are suffering as a result of your ignorant selfishness.

YOU, I'll leave to swelter or freeze at your leisure.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

mexi cali wrote:How about, if you see a crisis, communicate. Do something, stupid.

It's fortunate that you aren't the one responsible for developing emergency management plans.

While I won't comment specifically on Wal Mart's emergency management plans, I don't know of any retailer where you have to find the "LP guy" to report an incident. For a variety of reasons.

Lines of communication usually go to your immediate supervisor who will either make the call him or herself, or immediately delegate it to someone else.

The key point is that, however a crisis is communicated, should be consistent for every crisis. I could go further into emergency management, but if you find this part confusing, the rest of it may go directly over your head.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Graham Adder wrote:It's side window season!
This is the time of year I go hunting.
Not for meat.
I hunt for idiocy and a reason for me to fill my need for side window smashing.
I LOVE the sound of tempered glass shattering.
The way it crumbles like a flooded foreshore.
lol

WARNING TO IDIOTS:

If you leave your pet in a hot car, I hold no pity for you or your side windows.
I WILL absolutely smash them out before making an effort to use my phone.

Been there. Done that. Looking forward to it again.

I LOVE saving pets, but it's a toss up on whether or not I love pets more than shattering side windows.
Idiots, please give me a reason.
I have needs you know.

people who keep pets in there hot car's are f morons , lots of them in kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I dont have a dog, and the cat stays home. Just so you know though... thems fighting words and happy to oblige.

Use your phone first.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

FreeRights wrote:
mexi cali wrote:How about, if you see a crisis, communicate. Do something, stupid.

It's fortunate that you aren't the one responsible for developing emergency management plans.

While I won't comment specifically on Wal Mart's emergency management plans, I don't know of any retailer where you have to find the "LP guy" to report an incident. For a variety of reasons.

Lines of communication usually go to your immediate supervisor who will either make the call him or herself, or immediately delegate it to someone else.

The key point is that, however a crisis is communicated, should be consistent for every crisis. I could go further into emergency management, but if you find this part confusing, the rest of it may go directly over your head.

Wow. I read and re-read my post and wondered "why would this *removed* choose to insult me over what looks to be a perfectly sensible statement"?

MAybe I should reword it so he/she understands what I was saying.

So, in the event of, let's say a fire outside a store. Should you A) communicate the fact that there's a fire or B) dummy up.

Somone is laying on the ground outside the store. Should you A) communicate by asking for assistance while you render some of it yourself or B) make sure you get that last cart at the back of the lot.

Someone has fallen and cut themselves badly. Should you A) try to assist them by rendering first aid to the best of your ability or by asking for assistance or should you B) run as fast as you can back to the store to find your "supervisor" who is probably about as easy to find as anyone with any knowledge at any Walmart and leave the bleeder until the "experts" arrive on scene.

I come from a place where you see something that needs intervention, you intervene. If someone needs help, you help them. If something is on fire, you put it out.

We are not talking here about structure fires or armed standoffs genious. This is about people being told to basically leave an emergency situation which could be any one of a number of things to find someone who may or may not be able to help all the while wasting time rather than trying to assist.

Crises themselves are not consistant so how can than the response be expected to be?

I hope that if it's me needing assistance it's not you or anyone of like mind who is closest too me in my time of need. Somehow the sight of a potential caregiver running away from me isn't likely to make me feel safe and secure and like every little thing gonna be alright.
Last edited by ferri on Jun 2nd, 2017, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

On six occasions I have attended emergencies at the Westside Walmart.
Each time there was an employee out front to meet the crews and lead them to the patient who was being helped by one or more employees.
I don't know what the reporting system was, but the response and organization was exemplary.
Black Dogs Matter
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

mexi cali wrote:Crises themselves are not consistant so how can than the response be expected to be?

So let's say, for example, you have 100 employees who earn $12 an hour. When *something* (any crisis) occurs, do you want them to completely do their own thing in how they feel, individually, that it should be addressed?

Probably not.

So instead, companies create policies and procedures (for a reason). So now you have 100 employees, would you make a completely different communications and reporting structure for each individual crisis? Without intense and continued training and drills on $12 an hour employees, that too would fail.

The example that you provided regarding the first aid is a very good example of what I'm talking about. For one, nobody said that you had to leave the scene - you could just as easily send a coworker, or anyone, to report it. If you're going to provide first aid "to the best of your ability" and you have designated first aid attendants on site, then they should be the ones primarily dealing with the situation.

Emergency or crisis situations are made basic so that they are easy to address for front line workers, and easy to manage for people who are responsible (supervisors, incident commanders, etc).

A lot of security incidents, for example, are things that supervisors, management, or security staff should be addressing after it's reported to them. When you begin to move these calls to front line staff, you lose the consistency and reliability that you get when everybody follows the same procedures, every time.

But we're talking about dogs in hot cars. Surely the additional 2 minutes at most (though many associates have radio communication with supervisors) wouldn't result in death. If that two minutes really are golden, then the issue isn't so much reporting, as it is the period of time that it took to detect the situation.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... s-not-cool

Here's idea for those idiots who leave their dog in the vehicle on warm to hot day, put them in 1 piece snowmobile suit & handcuff them in back seat (all the windows shut). Come back in about 20 minutes +/-, see how much they like it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”