COG on its way

GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

COG on its way

Post by GoStumpy »

An annual festival of electronic music, extreme sports and bros is rolling back into Kelowna for its eighth iteration.

THANK YOU CASTANET, for that morning laugh :)

My buddy calls it "Center of Brotivity" hahahah
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: COG on its way

Post by Hmmm »

I remember the good ol days, when people "Played Instruments". I guess turning knobs and entering pre programmed, repetitive beats, over and over and over and over again, is also a talent. Maybe that's why drugs are taken in great quantity by the EDM crowd, so they can get lost in the repetitive beats. Of course there are great bands out today, but they won't be at COG. Have fun bros just the same, but my brain can't take it.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

This too shall pass .
Strong and free
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Hmmm wrote:I remember the good ol days, when people "Played Instruments". I guess turning knobs and entering pre programmed, repetitive beats, over and over and over and over again, is also a talent. Maybe that's why drugs are taken in great quantity by the EDM crowd, so they can get lost in the repetitive beats. Of course there are great bands out today, but they won't be at COG. Have fun bros just the same, but my brain can't take it.

Not true.

What about those dam hippies in the 60's dropping acid and other psychedelics to listen to that garbage hippie music back then.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Which garbage are you referring to, Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, Journey? There's so many, can you be specific? Either way, this what some call music, is created by sitting at a computer and creating loops, and beats and then manipulating them. It is talent, but it's not musicianship. Fact is a fact. The repetitive beats that go on and on, I can't handle.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: COG on it's way

Post by Bpeep »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 16th, 2015, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

The older generation not keen on the younger generations music?

Say it aint so!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Hmmm wrote:Which garbage are you referring to, Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, Journey? There's so many, can you be specific? Either way, this what some call music, is created by sitting at a computer and creating loops, and beats and then manipulating them. It is talent, but it's not musicianship. Fact is a fact. The repetitive beats that go on and on, I can't handle.

Ya those are some of them, and lets be honest Zeppelin is nothing more than a cover band.

Really what is music, its a sound created by an instrument. What is a song? A song is an artistic form of expression based on sound, generally considered a single (and often standalone) work of music with distinct and fixed pitches, pattern, and form

What difference does it make if that sound was created by a guitar or a laptop? How is a guitar player using a distortion pedal any different than a guy that plays keyboard and uses software to distort that sound?

Lets just be thankful its not country music at COG
Sugarhigh

Post by Sugarhigh »

Ya those are some of them, and lets be honest Zeppelin is nothing more than a cover band.

Really what is music, its a sound created by an instrument. What is a song? A song is an artistic form of expression based on sound, generally considered a single (and often standalone) work of music with distinct and fixed pitches, pattern, and form

What difference does it make if that sound was created by a guitar or a laptop? How is a guitar player using a distortion pedal any different than a guy that plays keyboard and uses software to distort that sound?

I couldn't have said it better myself
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Gixxer wrote:

I'm guessing that's because those that attend don't have the intellect to appreciate country music.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Or any music with roots for that matter.
I birn quil I se
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

EDM requires little to no brains to listen to and create. You should try it. Download free software, import loops and manipulate them. Export and you're done EDM at its finest.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Sure gets tiresome reading the "in my day" crowds take on the next generations preferences.

Break the cycle folks, I know your fathers did it to you with those crazy long hair beetles and that sex crazied hip thrusting Elvis, but why not try and be a better person and offer respect to those things you do not understand.

I don't like electronic music but its pretty juvenile to say those that do "have no brain"

Just because your fathers said it to you does not mean you should complete the cycle of ignorance.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

^^^i never said they have no brains. I said you don't need them to create it. There's a difference. FYI I like all music that's creative and original. Modern and classics included.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Yes anyone can 'create' techno music just like anyone can grab a guitar and start 'playing'.

Return to “Central Okanagan”