Road Rage Incident

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Road Rage Incident

Post by Catri »

Atomoa wrote:He didn't "get himself run over".

Someone made a conscience choice to use their vehicle as a weapon and tried severely harm another person for emotional satisfaction.

The person is still at large so it's safe to assume this wasn't a self defence move. Ignoring the fact they fled the scene in the first place, instead of immediately getting on the phone to warn the police they just narrowly escaped being assaulted by a road rager that exited their vehicle.

I think he did get himself run over when he chose to get out of his vehicle and put himself in harm's way. We aren't going to see eye to eye on that, but I agree that the other driver was in no way justified in running him over. I hope that when and if they find him, they will throw the book at him. In the end, I'm of the opinion that they're both idiots who made extraordinarily bad choices.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Using the same logic I better not disagree with my neighbour if he happens to be a gun owner because I could "get myself shot".
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Typical Canadian logic, it has to be the victim's fault.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

rookie314 wrote:Typical Canadian logic, it has to be the victim's fault.

I agree that it's not the victim's fault; however, it was an incredibly poor decision to get out of ones' vehicle to engage in road rage activity.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Atomoa wrote:Using the same logic I better not disagree with my neighbour if he happens to be a gun owner because I could "get myself shot".

No, but perhaps it would not be wise to taunt your neighbour while has his gun pointed at your head...because you could get yourself shot.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Actually, Atomota, your logic isn't accurate. The way you put it, no. But if the neighbor who owned a gun was waving it around arratically, I would bet you would be agreeing with him, too.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...so what you're saying is, "guns don't kill people - people driving white cube vans do"?... :)
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

What if the person getting out of the vehicle caused the person in the cube van to become intimidated, freak out and take off. They may not have realized that they hit someone at the time of the incident.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
sunsmiles

Post by sunsmiles »

Does anyone know if the injured person is okay? A member of my family went buy after it happened and saw he was being attended to but we have not heard anything further. Appreciate any update on this. Thanks
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Anonymous123 wrote:What if the person getting out of the vehicle caused the person in the cube van to become intimidated, freak out and take off. They may not have realized that they hit someone at the time of the incident.

Then why haven't they come forward?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Anonymous123 wrote:What if the person getting out of the vehicle caused the person in the cube van to become intimidated, freak out and take off. They may not have realized that they hit someone at the time of the incident.

Other than they didn't immediately call the police to say a crazy guy was intimidating them, and ignoring that it would be hard to miss hitting a human being with your vehicle - they also apperently don't read the news or talk to people. They'd certainly mention to their friends/family that they were almost road raged on Glenmore - in which their friends/family members who do read the news would have told them they hit someone.

They know what they did. Biting their nails hoping that they got away with it. Must be a relaxing existence wondering if the police are going to knock on the door tomorrow morning, every single night.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The comments on this thread are, IMO, evidence that the vast majority of drivers are ruled by intellect over uncontrolled emotion. *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need for the insult.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

solrac wrote:Regardless of who started it or who is "at fault"...

A driver chose to drive over another guy. When is that ever the appropriate response? It's simply indefensible. He was mad? He was scared? Not good enough. I mean, unless the guy has a firearm trained on your forehead and you have to knee-jerk react in response to a threat to your life... just don't. Drive. Over. Another. Person. Drive away.

LOL!!! What a ridiculous place. I've been involved in road rage incidents....I know emotions run high. This was in no way justified by a guy getting out of his vehicle. He can scream at you, he can tell you to get out of your vehicle...as you say, unless he's holding a gun on you, you don't get to just run him over! That's attempted murder. It is exactly like pulling out a gun and shooting him. You don't get to do that just because he is confronting you or wants you to fight - not when you're ensconced inside your vehicle - and therefore not in direct physical harm in most cases (again, if not directly threatened ie. the man had a gun)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

From what I can make of the information in this thread, the actions of the two persons that led up to one of them runing over the other with their vehicle seem reasonably clear.

What is not clear is an explanation of how and why the vehicle ended up running over the person, which in my opinion, is the key to the entire culpability issue.

Everything ftom accidental to desperate to escape to outright assault appears possible.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2015, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”