Noisy semis on Glenmore Road all night

Kelowna_Born
Fledgling

Noisy semis on Glenmore Road all night

Post by Kelowna_Born »

Anybody know what company this is? I thought maybe they were hauling Ogo-grow or something from the Glenmore Landfill but a friend has seen it pass the Landfill and keep heading towards Winfield.

Maybe going to the packing house in winfield?

I see this semi with the silver reefer trailer go by every hour from 5pm to at least 3am maybe even later.
solrac

Re: Noisy semis on Glenmore Road all night

Post by solrac »

If it's got a reefer unit it's probably carrying fruit. There's one or two massive cherry orchards in Winfield. Probably just getting their product to market.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Could be they're doing the late runs so they don't have to put up with road construction out there during the day. Specially if they have to do a lot of runs
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

There is a cherry packing place that was built last year, or the year before, right near the Landfill. I see semis pulling out of there all the time. It will probably die down once they are done shipping cherries.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

According to the Truck Route Map the operating hours for Glenmore Road is 7:00 AM to 7:00PM.
I don't know why any trucks should be on the Glenmore bypass at any other time. For that matter, only local truck traffic should be on Glenmore, not long distance semis.

http://www.kelowna.ca/images/opendata/k ... fullscreen

We have Heavy Truck Traffic through the Valley Road N Sexsmith corridor at all hours despite the fact that Valley Road N is closed to truck traffic from Sexsmith Road through to the Glenmore Bypass. The City of the Kelowna has done nothing to mitigate the impact of this truck traffic. I am seeing truck traffic well before the 7:00 AM cutoff. I don't understand why Longhill and Sexsmith are designated open to trucking until 11:00 PM, there are no businesses along these routes except for those up to the Longhill- Sexsmith intersection from Hwy 97.
Waste not
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Grandan wrote:According to the Truck Route Map the operating hours for Glenmore Road is 7:00 AM to 7:00PM.
I don't know why any trucks should be on the Glenmore bypass at any other time. For that matter, only local truck traffic should be on Glenmore, not long distance semis.

http://www.kelowna.ca/images/opendata/k ... fullscreen

We have Heavy Truck Traffic through the Valley Road N Sexsmith corridor at all hours despite the fact that Valley Road N is closed to truck traffic from Sexsmith Road through to the Glenmore Bypass. The City of the Kelowna has done nothing to mitigate the impact of this truck traffic. I am seeing truck traffic well before the 7:00 AM cutoff. I don't understand why Longhill and Sexsmith are designated open to trucking until 11:00 PM, there are no businesses along these routes except for those up to the Longhill- Sexsmith intersection from Hwy 97.

Call City Hall or use the online request to get attention to this problem. Keep records and if there is no action in a reasonable amount of time, take your concerns to the media (Castanet, Kelowna Now, CHBC etc.).
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
hombre27

Post by hombre27 »

I am wondering if the 7.00am to 7.00pm times includes the trucks (sometime very large) that deliver to the grocery stores on Kane Road and Drysdale Boulevard and sit adjacent residential properties with their engines running before 7.00am?
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I hear rumblings of something going to happen but it sure has taken a long time. We need some traffic calming. John Hindle Dr. will divert some trucks. I have used the City online request so many times I'm sure they are sick of me.
Waste not
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Grandan wrote:I hear rumblings of something going to happen but it sure has taken a long time. We need some traffic calming. John Hindle Dr. will divert some trucks. I have used the City online request so many times I'm sure they are sick of me.

Hey, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep at it, and like I said earlier, get the media involved.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

from what i hear in this post it seems like this is what they are doing on Glenmore.

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I live about three hundred yards from that street, I sleep with my window open. I have not been disturbed by Semis.

Guess it's like the guy who was awakened by his neighbor's lawn mower, he said to hell with him, he can cut around me!
sunsmiles

Post by sunsmiles »

BC Tree Fruit Co-op cherries are packed at the Vaughan Avenue plant in Kelowna and Tree Fruits apples are packed at the Winfield location. There was two BCTF shifts until last week but now packing is 7-330. It is possible the semi trucks are from the Glenmore private packinghouse. Coral Beach is another large cherry packing facility in Winfield Carrs Landing area. Coral Beach rents space in the Winfield BC Tree Fruit building and ships out from there but most of the Coral Beach fruit probably goes by air or water container through the airport so doubtful they would be on Glenmore Road.

Return to “Central Okanagan”