$20 Toll To Bypass Accident?

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

$20 Toll To Bypass Accident?

Post by lesliepaul »

Just in on Castanet......Natives charging $20.00 to bypass highway after a fatal accident closes highway.

I'll gladly pay the $20.00 whenever I use a road on their land.........as long as it relieves me of paying their other endless bill.
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: $20 Toll To Bypass Accident???

Post by Not Bob »

The story would be far more interesting if someone were to put up a toll just outside of the reserve and charge them to use the taxpayer funded roads
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Not Bob wrote:The story would be far more interesting if someone were to put up a toll just outside of the reserve and charge them to use the taxpayer funded roads

Absolutely. Its time the indians start paying taxes. Long overdue.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

id sit in my car for 9 hours before i would pay a cent to drive thru the reserve.that is literally highway robbery
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

voice of reason wrote:id sit in my car for 9 hours before i would pay a cent to drive thru the reserve.that is literally highway robbery

Most likely a highway the taxpayers paid for
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

skydawg wrote:Absolutely. Its time the indians start paying taxes. Long overdue.

I wish people weren't so ignorant and uninformed so as to make blanket statements like this. Native Canadians pay taxes the same as all other Canadians with the exemption being on income earned on reservation land. If they live and work off-reserve, they pay taxes just like everyone else.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

I can think of a few roads that cut through reserve lands ,most notably around Merritt , how was this different?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Not Bob wrote:The story would be far more interesting if someone were to put up a toll just outside of the reserve and charge them to use the taxpayer funded roads

We should do the same for stay at home moms. It's time those freeloaders start paying their way too.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Didn't read the story but if it's as cut and dry as what it sounds......shameless money making at it's finest.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Kind of a crappy thing to do, but they own the land and road so can do what they want with it. They own something people wanted, so took advantage and charged for it. Not everyone on the reserve agreed with what the 2 guys did though.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

We should do the same for stay at home moms. It's time those freeloaders start paying their way too.[/quote]

What are stay at home mom's charging everyone else for? To even compare this is ludicrous.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

My taxes pay for their kids' education, healthcare, child tax benefits, and use of public services. I'm getting charged for their use of all of those things.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

voice of reason wrote:id sit in my car for 9 hours before i would pay a cent to drive thru the reserve.that is literally highway robbery

Actually, it's not literally highway robbery because it's not a highway. And it's not robbery either ... it's an optional entrance fee. Frankly only an idiot would rather sit in their car for nine hours than part with twenty bucks but then again most bigots are indeed not very bright and could in fact be idiotic.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

pepecat wrote:Actually, it's not literally highway robbery because it's not a highway. And it's not robbery either ... it's an optional entrance fee. Frankly only an idiot would rather sit in their car for nine hours than part with twenty bucks but then again most bigots are indeed not very bright and could in fact be idiotic.

i wouldnt pay 20 bucks to cut through a farmers field either.it is neither idiotic or bigoted to not want to pay for something that is free any other time.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

What a cheap, lowlife unneighbourly thing to do. Has nothing to do with being Native, but everything to do with being unkind and uncaring.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Central Okanagan”