What happened to CHBC/GLOBAL news at 11?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: What happened to CHBC/GLOBAL news at 11?

Post by Bsuds »

This new weather guy is a real disappointment!

If it wasn't the only local news station we would watch anything else.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Bsuds wrote:This new weather guy is a real disappointment!

Ahhh ... Bsuds ... really?? You call this a local news station??? I call it embarrassing!!! Oops, sorry Mods didn't mean to be negative just realistic.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Bsuds wrote:This new weather guy is a real disappointment!

I saw the new weather Geek; reminded me of the last one that Global had when they switched it to Toronto people. He didn't last long. I wouldn't be too sure that this new guy is even in the Okanagan. They can do amazing things remotely these days (not that I am impressed).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wesla appears to have landed at other place in Kelowna that can't be mentioned on here
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

The new weather nerd (equally as unexciting as the last lame attempt from Toronto) is located in Saskatoon. There’s some local input! Who dreams this stuff up?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:Wesla appears to have landed at other place in Kelowna that can't be mentioned on here

Actually I read that she landed a job at Silverstar and the place you are avoiding to mention is running her weather report from there.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

GordonH wrote:Wesla appears to have landed at other place in Kelowna that can't be mentioned on here

Not sure what you are referring to their Gordo - seems to me Wesla has landed a job with Silver Star Resort.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

southy wrote:

Not sure what you are referring to their Gordo - seems to me Wesla has landed a job with Silver Star Resort.

It was initially mentioned she was going to Kelowna Not Overly Wonderful.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Walter ... you mean Kelowna Now????
EvaG

Post by EvaG »

His name is Peter Quinlan and he is the weatherman for Saskatoon, looks like they have decided that we are now getting our weather from Saskatoon. If we can't have a weather person of our own here in the Okanogan, at least have someone reporting from BC!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

would I ask an optometrist for advise about my teeth? My doctor for advise about my vehicle? My wife for advise about betting on the nhl playoffs? Answer? NO! So why would I go to a Mickey Mouse tv station for weather when all I have to do is turn on and watch the Weather Network. A lot more comprehensive and detailed than some guy from Saskatoon trying to impress us with his knowledge of the Okanagan. Does it annoy anyone else when Rick Webber insults your intelligence by pretending the guy is actually in the Kelowna studio? But then again Rick Weber annoys me the minute he opens his mouth.

Global Okanagan is not a local station ... It is simply a revenue grab for advertising. Very similar to the the weekly newspapers throughout the valley .. Nothing more than flyer wrappers dressed up as local news.

Want weather? Check Castanet or 103.9fm. Or go to the Weather Network. Why sit around till 5pm waiting for your non local weather report from Burnaby, Toronto, Saskatoon wherever else they think of. A waste of time in my opinion.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We watch it because we are having our dinner in front of the TV.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

And that little black thingy is called a television remote. Push the button and you can change channels. Poof - just like that no more Rick and company.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

EvaG wrote:His name is Peter Quinlan and he is the weatherman for Saskatoon, looks like they have decided that we are now getting our weather from Saskatoon. If we can't have a weather person of our own here in the Okanogan, at least have someone reporting from BC!

Is that the dude that looks like Mr Bean? Wow, he is horrible. Worse than the Toronto ones that they had for a while.
You and 71 others Like this post
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Past couple of months quite a few reporters left CHBC Cost savings I guess. Often when there is a larger then normal turnover with a company something is nor correct with that company. Its supposed to be a local news station. Why do we have to watch what is already shown by the big brother Global? Its on 3 times. Maybe CHBC cut to 2 30 minutes segment
Couple of people from CTV became available Taggert being one of them Way better then RW

Return to “Central Okanagan”