Home Security & Recent Break-ins - Lake Country

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Home Security & Recent Break-ins - Lake Country

Post by MAPearce »

The poster brings a problem that the police aren't interested in. Instead of similar responses to yours (ridiculous! terrible! they should care!), I provided potential solutions to the problem.

Uh huh .... How much it gonna cost ?

The talk around the water cooler at my work today was in support of the OP and my comments about why the cops wouldn't be interested in this creep .

NOT your solutions.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
rotti
Board Meister

Post by rotti »

I always find these type of subjects extermemly frustrating because if there is anyone to blame for all the break and enters and crimes in general its us. We have let OUR court systems deteriat into a bunch of feel good phsychobable that has absolutely no teeth to deter or punish anybody who decides they want to come on your property and steal your stuff. Along with that we really have no legal way to defend ourselves with the use of any weapons. What we do have though is the blame always somehow coming back to the victim. It's your fault because you didn't buy a security system, a fence, a locked gate, you left the keys in the ignition, you left your purse in the car and a million other reasons why it's the victims fault.
It's only going to get worse as our court systems get more wussy as time goes on. People get away with crime after crime and it is not exaggeration because how many times do they arrest a violent offender and they have dozens of other minor theft or other charges. Our hands have been handcuffed behind our backs because of the system and we were dumb enough to listen to all the bleeding hearts who thought they knew best. Just because my house, car, garage is there doesn't give anybody the right to go in, rummage through, or whatever without my permission. I should not have to invest in this and that to keep them out. A loaded smith and wesson would work just fine but in Canada only our money at ATMs, banks, and politicians, are worthy of this type of protection. We are just the peon working stiffs who should just go out and blow load of money on "barriers".
ddiiaanne
Übergod

Post by ddiiaanne »

kgcayenne wrote:To the OP, could you mount a cowbell on a spring on your gate where an intruder wouldn't look for it? I imagine opening the gate to a racket would be inconvenient for an intruder.
I already have done this. I have noise makers on my gate.

I'm happy to have helped in catching this creep. But, it's the people who recognized this dude and called the cops who really did the work.

It's crazy, now that it's done with, that a different RCMP constable wants to see the video.

The public solved the mystery of who's been rummaging and helping himself to that which does not belong to him.
Doing what I can, with what I have, where I am.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

So this creep was still not deterred? He sounds like a career criminal in the makings.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

LTD wrote:Despite what some of you do gooders seem to think you do have the right to defend yourself from those who wish to inflict harm upon you wouldn't be me goin to jail

You did not say "defend" nor "someone doing harm", you said "someone on your property at 2pm".....
if you think you can legally assualt someone, especially a minor, for simply being on your property you are in for a rude awakening.

call the police! Looks like it worked for the OP.
ddiiaanne
Übergod

Post by ddiiaanne »

Hassel99 wrote:call the police! Looks like it worked for the OP.

Actually, the cops had nothing to do with this, so technically, that didn't work out for me.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well a big kudos to you ddianne for starting this thread, and for posting those pictures !! I'm sure the residents in your area also appreciate someone being proactive in helping stop this kind of stuff ...hopefully the word spreads fast in your community that none of you are gonna tolerate this kind of *bleep* anymore and the criminals should smile, cause they are on camera :)

gotta give a shout out to Castanet forums too...obviously a lot of people read this forum..

like MAP said, this is how a Neighbourhood watch works...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Hassel99 wrote:You did not say "defend" nor "someone doing harm", you said "someone on your property at 2pm".....
if you think you can legally assualt someone, especially a minor, for simply being on your property you are in for a rude awakening.

call the police! Looks like it worked for the OP.

I guess I should have explained that when someone crosses that line in the middle of the night where my fence and private property no trespassing signs are its not girl guides therefore I consider it a threat . I should also point out that I have been through this when someone tried stealing my quad caught the dirtbag punched him several times before the rcmp arrived not a problem and I wont hesitate to do the same again, to many people out there now a days are not willing to stand up for themselves, and the rcmp weren't even interested in the op complaint originally glad that they are now looking into it.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 8th, 2015, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

when our neighbor's home got broken into, he caught one of the guys (the other guy made it over the fence) and proceeded to beat the living day lights out of him while we called 911...I told the 911 operator that our neighbor was beating on the guy pretty severely and to tell the police to come quickly...well the cops took their time and when did come they saw our neighbor still beating on the guy and didn't stop it right away, until the thief started pleading with the cop to tell our neighbor to stop...absolutely nothing was done to our neighbor for the beating, all the cop did was look at the damage on the inside of his home (and it was bad !! ) and take statements...
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

westside105 wrote:when our neighbor's home got broken into, he caught one of the guys (the other guy made it over the fence) and proceeded to beat the living day lights out of him while we called 911...I told the 911 operator that our neighbor was beating on the guy pretty severely and to tell the police to come quickly...well the cops took their time and when did come they saw our neighbor still beating on the guy and didn't stop it right away, until the thief started pleading with the cop to tell our neighbor to stop...absolutely nothing was done to our neighbor for the beating, all the cop did was look at the damage on the inside of his home (and it was bad !! ) and take statements...

The way it should be. Caught red handed, there is no grey area.
Now that's what I call a deterent.
ddiiaanne
Übergod

Post by ddiiaanne »

RCMP came after Global News filmed the video.

Tonight at 5:00 pm on Global News.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

saw that ... "On line pics" ? says the cop ... "we didn't post any on line pics".....

Oi Vey... Lets just hope this "rash" of vehicle thefts goes away.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
ddiiaanne
Übergod

Post by ddiiaanne »

I didn't get a chance to watch it.
Can you tell me what the story line was please? Was it about the RCMP not responding?
Will it be on again?
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Here is a link to the story that CHBC ran - it was awesome! WAY TO GO!

I doubt anything will happen to the little *bleep*... Our justice system needs some help...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2267633/suspe ... ime-spree/
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

MAPearce wrote:Uh huh .... How much it gonna cost ?

The talk around the water cooler at my work today was in support of the OP and my comments about why the cops wouldn't be interested in this creep .

NOT your solutions.

That's great to hear that you and your coworkers are more interested to merely add to the whining than actually discuss or come up with any solutions.

For the record, home security doesn't have to cost much...

rotti wrote:I always find these type of subjects extermemly frustrating because if there is anyone to blame for all the break and enters and crimes in general its us. We have let OUR court systems deteriat into a bunch of feel good phsychobable that has absolutely no teeth to deter or punish anybody who decides they want to come on your property and steal your stuff. Along with that we really have no legal way to defend ourselves with the use of any weapons. What we do have though is the blame always somehow coming back to the victim. It's your fault because you didn't buy a security system, a fence, a locked gate, you left the keys in the ignition, you left your purse in the car and a million other reasons why it's the victims fault.
It's only going to get worse as our court systems get more wussy as time goes on. People get away with crime after crime and it is not exaggeration because how many times do they arrest a violent offender and they have dozens of other minor theft or other charges. Our hands have been handcuffed behind our backs because of the system and we were dumb enough to listen to all the bleeding hearts who thought they knew best. Just because my house, car, garage is there doesn't give anybody the right to go in, rummage through, or whatever without my permission. I should not have to invest in this and that to keep them out. A loaded smith and wesson would work just fine but in Canada only our money at ATMs, banks, and politicians, are worthy of this type of protection. We are just the peon working stiffs who should just go out and blow load of money on "barriers".

You've clearly missed my message. Nobody is blaming the home owner, but he brings a problem. I'm not sure if the correct response would be exactly what you just wrote, which is literally nothing but whining and complaining and offering no real world solutions, or mine which does.

Whether or not you "should not have to" invest in any sort of home security may or may not be ideal, but it's certainly not true. In this day and age, you invest in the security that you expect to enjoy.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Central Okanagan”