Huge Fire in Black Mtn Area.

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Huge Fire in Black Mtn Area.

Post by skydawg »

Barney Google wrote:When controlled burns are planned in areas that are in populated view it would be exceptionally nice and somewhat thoughtful that the public are notified so people aren't unnecessarily FREAKED out.

Forestry has been doing slap burns in fall/winer for years. Its nothing new. If the FREAKED out people used a bit of common sense perhaps they wouldn't get FREAKED out in the first place.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

SENNA wrote:It was quite alarming is the closer I got to home the bigger this fire got. I checked castanet and the BC fire Facebook site and nothing was the registered as of yet.It took almost 40 minutes for any information become available. If the emergency phones were ringing off the hook maybe they should've posted something to identify that this was a slash burn.

FORESTRY WILL BE CONDUCTING SLASH BURNS OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL WEEKS.

There, you are now informed
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The new arrivals I guess may be freaked out by the visible fire in the hills. It's just another example of the blinders on so outsiders don't see what actually goes on in the valley. God forbid people make a living wage in this town instead of serving you lattes on your way to drop the kids off.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I honestly didn't think it was possible that people are that friggin challenged
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Welcome to the real World where common sense ain't all that common and there are a LOT of dumb bunnies out there!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Most of these piles being burned are not "Forestry" as seems to be the consensus here . They are being burned by "Industry" under their obligations to mitigate slash piles on their areas of operation. Forestry does have burning but very little.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."

Return to “Central Okanagan”