Typo Alert?

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Typo Alert?

Post by Anonymous123 »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/152209/Typo-alert-for-city-signage

Sour grapes Phred? After your City logo fiasco I wouldn't point too many fingers at other companies. Words like
“The design is poor, it lacks any sense of authentic place
is laughable after your contribution.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Typo Alert?

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Can't argue with that assessment. 8-)
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Anonymous123 wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/152209/Typo-alert-for-city-signage

Sour grapes Phred? After your City logo fiasco I wouldn't point too many fingers at other companies. Words like “The design is poor, it lacks any sense of authentic place" is laughable after your contribution.

Nice catch. I had no idea that was the same person behind the whole city logo plagiarism fiasco.
1250202557ogo.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Another non news worthy story. so yatch was misspelled . So what . At least the tax payers didn't take the hit yada yada .

Vinyl letters people. about 50 cents .
Strong and free
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

The illustrations he did for these flags (in particular the second one from the left in this photo): http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/127413/Lakeshore-bridge-almost-done
Look an awful lot like Charley Parker's: http://charleyharperartstudio.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=130
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think he was right "Yatch" as most of the boats in there fail to fall under the definition of a Yacht.

There's just want-to-be Yatchs in there and a handful of Yachts.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

RustyCrayon wrote:The illustrations he did for these flags (in particular the second one from the left in this photo): http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/127413/Lakeshore-bridge-almost-done
Look an awful lot like Charley Parker's: http://charleyharperartstudio.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=130

That bird looks like he traced it, but I suppose that's to be expected from a guy whose name looks an awful lot like some guy named Fred's.

On topic: Spelling errors drive me nuts, but at least the contractor is fixing the city sign. The sign over the pickle aisle in the Rutland IGA has said "PICKELS" for years and the management is aware of it, but presumably doesn't care. I die a little inside every time I shop there.
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

Lol. I never did understand you spelling Nazi's ;)

I mean - I know it's unprofessional and makes you question the quality/accuracy. But so long as the information is conveyed easily what does it matter? I doubt you experienced a problem where you couldn't find the pickles cause the word was spelt wrong or spend additional time looking at the sign trying to understand what pickels ment.

My wife is the same way.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

There's businesses all over town with misspelled signs.
If they haven't the intellect to even check the spelling before they invest thousands in signage , they don't deserve my munny.

There's two bizs within blocks of each other, with Harley Davidson's and windsheild's improperly used.
The Harley sign is a pretty costly sign.
You would think someone in the chain of command woulda noticed.
But nooo.
Funny tho.
Thats my to sense worth.
Erase if knot aloud.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister

Post by Sonny Taylor »

I know it's an oldie, but it's still a good one...

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Just noticed a sign in the newer part of the hospital....."Strechers and Wheelchairs".
Drove me f'in crazy all the time I was in there visiting.
I get the part about understanding what it meant but, seriously? That is somehow acceptable?

Have we really devolved into not giving a rat's *bleep* about how we convey information?
You and 71 others Like this post
psychprof
Fledgling

Post by psychprof »

Does anyone out there speak another language? I'm curious if this kind of thing is only happening with English. And yes it is a big problem! Are we to devolve into carving pictographs on rocks?
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

A couple of years ago one of the kids brought home the receipt for school fees. At the bottom it read' Paid by check'
Going today, hear tommorow
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Complaining about typos on this forum is like complaining about the smell on a pig farm.

I have no clue what language some of you people are typing in, oftentimes.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”