Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote: :-X Only if you're a xc or downhill skier. Or sledder, or don't have to drive in it, or cycle in it or.....

I @#$% LOVE driving in snow. It's like playing driving video games but even better because it's real life. Nothing beats a good 4 wheel slide around corners! Wife doesn't like to so much though.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote:
Queen K wrote: :-X Only if you're a xc or downhill skier. Or sledder, or don't have to drive in it, or cycle in it or.....

I @#$% LOVE driving in snow. It's like playing driving video games but even better because it's real life. Nothing beats a good 4 wheel slide around corners! Wife doesn't like to so much though.

Leave her at home and have fun, just be safe while doing it.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Glacier wrote:I @#$% LOVE driving in snow. It's like playing driving video games but even better because it's real life.

haha I'm basically with you there. Driving in the snow is fun, IMHO. Drove home to Joe Rich in it last night well after midnight. Now, I haven't gone out to measure it but looking at the picnic table in the yard I can safely say that it's over a foot.

It's kinda early for such a dumping, but I'll take it over repeated sloppy freeze/thaw cycles. Skip the foreplay & get right to it, eh, old man winter? [icon_lol2.gif]
Your bias suits you.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Just can't get the chill outa' my bones..

Hot shower, check.
Do dishes. check.

Considering taking up baking just so I have an excuse to have the oven on..

Small bonus, the Palm and Olive oil in the dish soap makes my hands ready for
a hand model career....not.... [icon_lol2.gif]

Driving in snow on empty roads, good.

driving in snow with idiots around, not good.

The ditches seem to sort out those that can from those that can't.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Many have not taken my advice seriously and now they are waiting in line, as I predicted.
Mad rush for winter tires
Colton Davies - Nov 3, 2017 / 4:48 pm | Story: 210760

Colton Davies
Many drivers were equipped for the elements when Thursday’s snowstorm hit.

But many were not. And that made for a busy work day for tire shops in Penticton, with residents coming in to finally get winter tires put on.

Castanet News reached out to several tire shops on Friday, and the general input was they all were "off the hook" fielding calls.

Some shops reported more calls in the first two hours of being open than what’d usually receive all day.

It isn’t uncommon either for staff to work well past closing time during this time of year putting on winter tires, according to some shops.

"There's no substitute for having winter tires on. And it's important, with the type of changes we're seeing in the climate and driving in different road conditions... it's important to make sure that we're prepared," said ICBC road safety co-ordinator Doug McDall said.

And having the right tires is one thing, but McDall added it’s important for drivers to shift their habits as well.

"You want to make sure you give yourself enough time to get to where you're going. This time of year, we're still kind of in that summery sort of mode of thinking we can get to certain places in a smaller amount of time."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... nter-tires
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is why it looked like near my mom's place last month. A lot whiter today. This is probably the best skating pond on the planet. It never has snow on it, and it's always frozen glass all winter long. You tap the puck and it will end up half a km down the ice.

tatlayokolake.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

More snow coming tomorrow.
Capture.JPG
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

NOOOO, oh God, no!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's only early November, and yet your memories are so short that most of you can't even pass this simple 8 question quiz about October's weather: http://questioningthedata.polldaddy.com ... ather-quiz
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

*brrrrrrrr*

It's too early to be this chilly!
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Record breaking cold in Vernon this morning.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

They are already harvesting the ice wine grapes, the earliest they have done so in a quarter century.

P.S. Record breaking cold yesterday...

newrecords2.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ice wine grapes? Well something good had to come out of this outrage.

I have to say, this is the worst November in a long time now!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I just looked it up and the record in Kelowna was previously set in 2003. The snow accumulation that year was one of top 5 years for the data set of 1981-2010.

We could see a lot of snow again this year.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well, it can't stay cold like this for the entire month! Not unless you want a repeat of 1896 and 1985!

novembermaxtemp.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”