Nice weather

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Nice weather

Post by Queen K »

In other words, it can stay cold like this all month. :-X
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The first day of winter is in 6 weeks. December 21.
Bring back the LIKE button.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

You scored 13%!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nice and mild today, after it stopped snowing that is. But still, nice to come home to a non-frozen driveway. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here's a Google map showing maximum temperatures recorded at each weather station in BC last month... https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=e ... 023438&z=6
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Wuh? https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211159

No snow fell overnight. A few ice pellets, but nothing yet. Maybe it snowed where you live, but not where I live... And it looks like it's snowing now.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote:Wuh? https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211159

No snow fell overnight. A few ice pellets, but nothing yet. Maybe it snowed where you live, but not where I live... And it looks like it's snowing now.

It is snowing here right now and is picking up in volume. I went out this morning at 8:30 and traffic was horrendous. Valley road was a solid sheet of glare ice and very slick. Between Kane and Sexsmith, I saw 3 single car accidents. Considering how curvy that road is and the ice was clearly obvious people did not slow down. I had one guy right on my bumper all the way and I was going 50 in a 50 zone and felt uncomfortable at that speed, even though I drive an AWD with ABS.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Okay, now the snow is coming straight down. It looks like this cloud has just parked itself right over my house and shows no signs of moving along. It has snowed more here in the last 2 hours that it has in the previous 24.
I like snow and look forward to it every year but, I am over it now and I am ready to smell the fresh cut grass again.
I need to go out and shovel the driveway again before it gets too heavy and deep. I don't mind so much but I also shovel 4 other of my neighbours' driveways because they are either elderly, little single women, or mobility limited and need a walker.
Here I go. Where is that hip flask I know I have? Never mind, I will just leave the bottle on my work-bench and the garage door open.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Okay, I am back. I got 3 of the 6 driveways done. That stuff is HEAVY!!
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

8cm since 9am. Riparian indeed.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

HOLY CRAP is it ever snowing hard again right now. Great big, juicy, wet heavy flakes.

My parka, toque, gloves and scarf have not even had enough time to dry off since the last time I went out to shovel. I have now rediscovered mussels that I had forgot about. (You wanna talk about my glutes?) NO?.....I didn't think so. :-X
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

rediscovered mussels that I had forgot about

This is no time for a clam bake! sHOveL alReadY!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Can I please have garlic butter with those mussels? :130:

But "nice weather" this is not!!!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Queen K wrote:Can I please have garlic butter with those mussels? :130:

But "nice weather" this is not!!!

Okay, I get it I misspelled muscles.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

At midnight last night there was not a mention of ANY snowfall for today on ANY weather site I browse. How can these :cuss: idiots miss this COMPLETELY!

Return to “Central Okanagan”