Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

4 inches deep at my place.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 2nd, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

Top of my sorrels and that is just walking in it. A ruler would go deeper.

It is very pretty though :-)
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

My non-weather station approved yet trusty "impact resistant" 25' Summit tools brand tape measure reads 14".

(I was curious and wanted to measure tonight's accumulation as it hasn't stopped yet)
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Glacier wrote:4 inches deep at my place.

What is this thing you call an inches?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

12 inches, or 30 cm at my brother's place in the Chilcotin today. Winter is here now, and it's dropped like 15 degrees he says. I'm looking at the dew points, which tell you how dry the air is, and it's extremely dry just to the north of us. Prince George and Quesnel are below -20C (it would need to hit -20C to hit 100% humidity). Kelowna is currently -1C for the dewpoint, so much wetter, but what Prince George gets today, Kelowna gets tomorrow. Expect dry air tomorrow and cold.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Glacier wrote:12 inches, or 30 cm at my brother's place in the Chilcotin today. Winter is here now, and it's dropped like 15 degrees he says. I'm looking at the dew points, which tell you how dry the air is, and it's extremely dry just to the north of us. Prince George and Quesnel are below -20C (it would need to hit -20C to hit 100% humidity). Kelowna is currently -1C for the dewpoint, so much wetter, but what Prince George gets today, Kelowna gets tomorrow. Expect dry air tomorrow and cold.

What are you talking about? It’s currently -11C in Prince George and -8C in Quesnel
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Whyme2 wrote:
Glacier wrote:12 inches, or 30 cm at my brother's place in the Chilcotin today. Winter is here now, and it's dropped like 15 degrees he says. I'm looking at the dew points, which tell you how dry the air is, and it's extremely dry just to the north of us. Prince George and Quesnel are below -20C (it would need to hit -20C to hit 100% humidity). Kelowna is currently -1C for the dewpoint, so much wetter, but what Prince George gets today, Kelowna gets tomorrow. Expect dry air tomorrow and cold.

What are you talking about? It’s currently -11C in Prince George and -8C in Quesnel

I'm talking about dewpoints....

PG.png

Also, the air currently drier on the coast than it is in Kelowna...

Kelowna.png

abbotsford.png
- Douglas Murray
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

uh oh. It stopped snowing in Falkland and the temperature has seriously dropped. If this shart freezes things will get ugly.

On the plus side, accumulations will be down and the trees (left standing) will be sparkly.

There may be some negatives associated with seriously sub 0 temperatures as applied to 35cm of very wet snow.

!Expletive!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Looks like the worst is over for today.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

alanjh595 wrote:Looks like the worst is over for today.

You mean the best! Snow is awesome.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Looks like the worst is over for today.

You mean the best! Snow is awesome.

:-X Only if you're a xc or downhill skier. Or sledder, or don't have to drive in it, or cycle in it or.....
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

or shovel it plow it work in it walk in it look at it
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Snow makes me appreciate Fall and Spring all the more. Summer is too hot.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Colder & snowy the better, those not into that sorry... maybe it's time for you to become a snowbird & fly south for the winter.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I would become very bored with living someplace like Hawaii. Same weather every day, nothing new to start a conversation with.

Return to “Central Okanagan”