Lord of the Board

Re: Nice weather

Post by LTD »

fall is in the air love it before ya know it I will be plowing snow
Pacific
Fledgling

Post by Pacific »

Has anyone been up to Big White lately? Is the air quality any better at high altitudes for people to try and escape this without having to drive for many hours? Seems like it is getting worse and forecast implies it will be here all week at least.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Pacific wrote:Has anyone been up to Big White lately? Is the air quality any better at high altitudes for people to try and escape this without having to drive for many hours? Seems like it is getting worse and forecast implies it will be here all week at least.

Not sure if this helps you or not: http://www.bigwhite.com/mountain-condit ... asy-street
Pacific
Fledgling

Post by Pacific »

southy wrote:
Pacific wrote:Has anyone been up to Big White lately? Is the air quality any better at high altitudes for people to try and escape this without having to drive for many hours? Seems like it is getting worse and forecast implies it will be here all week at least.

Not sure if this helps you or not: http://www.bigwhite.com/mountain-condit ... asy-street

Thanks that's great, some of them show blue sky and others smoke, almost seems like they are right on the edge of it and it's settled into the valley bottom. Maybe will go check it out later this week if this crap sticks around.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Gosh it's gross outside. Need a change in wind direction or something.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Big White today,

Capture2.JPG

Downtown today

Capture.JPG

Downtown in May

Capture3.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Air is going to be bad for another day, at least...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Going to get cold tonight. Bundle up.

Capture.JPG
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

12 is the average low this time of year. Smithers was the only place in BC to hit 30 today. Everyone south of there is blanketed in smoke which is really keeping the temperatures down. We are getting a lot of smoke from Tweedsmuir Park.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I like it cooler at night. I am hopeful the smoke seems to be thinning; I could see to the end of the street today!
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And here I thought it was thickening up across the lake. We just came in , I'm covered in dirt, we've got the stump on its side.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Wow, talk about a stable forecast!!!!

OsoyoosForecast.png

P.S. I'm back in the Okanagan and BRRRRRRR!!!! Even yesterday up the Cariboo it was 32C yesterday. Vernon was like 10 degrees colder than that! It is NOT normal to see the Cariboo even 1 degree hotter than the Okanagan let alone 10 degrees! Also, it was just just as smoky up there, so it wasn't the smoke.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Most of the smoke is coming from the California fires and the USA. Our fires a small by comparison.

Capture.JPG
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Krikey! I just stepped outside for a moment (above Vernon BX area) and smell a mixture of bleach and ammonia together with the smoke. Eyes and nostrils watering. Caustic.

What the heck is it burning that stinks so bad?

:200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Visibility reported at YLW below 2SM, any inbound flights will be delayed or cancelled.

METAR CYLW 180300Z AUTO 34017KT 1SM HZ OVC034 26/09 A3000 RMK SLP157 DENSITY ALT 2800FT=

SPECI CYLW 180255Z AUTO 34015KT 1 1/2SM HZ OVC034 25/11 A3000 RMK SLP159 DENSITY ALT 2700FT=

And the forecast for the next 12 hours is visibility 3SM temporary 1 1/2SM
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.

Return to “Central Okanagan”