Working to clear snow

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Working to clear snow

Post by lightspeed »

the truth wrote:
vinnied wrote:yep, that's the way I read it
EDITED TO ADD
Here's the thing. Its no big secret the mayor doesn't want people to drive in kelowna anymore. very poor, or limited snow removal equals less vehicles on the road, which equals less flooding in the spring and less fires in the summer. Makes sense right?

does are mayor set the standard and takes the bus also, or is he a two faced and drives everywhere, is he the do as i say ,not as i do kind of a hole guy

Well what do YOU think, Truthy?

Answers on a postcard....
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Fancy wrote:If you're reading twitter it doesn't say that now.
"Another winter wallop! May be delays getting plows to all local roads. Please be patient and avoid parking on road to help snow removal."

Twitter? What's that? lol Nope I follow them on facebook.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What's Facebook? Is that when I fall asleep while reading in bed? I hate it when that happens.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

So i beleive that last night the plow came down parts of our subdivision because as we went up the road this morning there were multiple people digging out their driveway entrances. 2 sets of idiots living opposite one another were shovelling back into the road!! There was now 2 snow mounds in middle of a reasonably clear street. What gives? Shovel to the side for gods sake.

Our cul de sac is notorious for small cars getting stuck as its often not plowed till much later yet still people come down to the bottom and attempt to turn around..... Big mistake, 2 vehicles got stuck today, both small front wheel drive cars that were no match for deep snow. People really need to think before they head down hill to a dead end.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I keep a shovel in my car because I've had to dig my way into a cul-de-sac as there was no snowplow activity and obviously no one on the street that had snowblowers or quads with blades. Always be prepared. And I keep extra boots and other extras just in case.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

dodgerdodge wrote:So i beleive that last night the plow came down parts of our subdivision because as we went up the road this morning there were multiple people digging out their driveway entrances. 2 sets of idiots living opposite one another were shovelling back into the road!! There was now 2 snow mounds in middle of a reasonably clear street. What gives? Shovel to the side for gods sake.

Our cul de sac is notorious for small cars getting stuck as its often not plowed till much later yet still people come down to the bottom and attempt to turn around..... Big mistake, 2 vehicles got stuck today, both small front wheel drive cars that were no match for deep snow. People really need to think before they head down hill to a dead end.

Your neighbours are as smart as this guy.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I need Depends now - OMG that was too funny!!
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh look, Treeguy found a way to clear the cul du sac for Fancy

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Queen K wrote:Oh look, Treeguy found a way to clear the cul du sac for Fancy

I used that method on my own driveway last year. It actually lifted the ice right off the pavement.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Here I am here, the moose hat works much like a weather vain for direction. This guy may not be fast, but he’s slow.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

LOL! Awesome, every guy here now wants to do that. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I put my foot down. I'm no longer shoveling my side of the driveway. What's the point? There's nowhere to put the stuff. I'll just keep driving over it and pack it down
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

tsayta wrote:I put my foot down. I'm no longer shoveling my side of the driveway. What's the point? There's nowhere to put the stuff. I'll just keep driving over it and pack it down

Your side of the driveway? Does that mean your wife has to shovel her own side? ;) :biggrin:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:spitcoffee: OMIGOD, you win the internet post of the day TBMOkanagan :130:
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

TMBOkanagan wrote:
tsayta wrote:I put my foot down. I'm no longer shoveling my side of the driveway. What's the point? There's nowhere to put the stuff. I'll just keep driving over it and pack it down

Your side of the driveway? Does that mean your wife has to shovel her own side? ;) :biggrin:

Of course
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Central Okanagan”