Monster Truck Parking Cash Grab Ticket

TomBits

Monster Truck Parking Cash Grab Ticket

Post by TomBits »

I hate parking in Kelowna as a rule anytime , but at the Monster truck over past weekend paid $10 to park and because the ticket was upside down got an addition ticket for $35 anyone else have complaint about this cash grab
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Monster Truck Parking Cash Grab Ticket

Post by MAPearce »

Yeah .. We did the same thing at a Rockets game one night..

We took the ticket down to Impark with our parking "pass" , explained our ignorance and got a lecture..

They waived the fine....

try it ... it works if you use some "honey" instead of vinegar
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

I once caught a parking guy almost writing me a ticket near the mission liquor store, he was driving his personal vehicle so before he could write the ticket I told him I had his license plate number and can find out where he lives. He left quickly, no ticket to this day. It wasn't really a threat, just figured I'd have fun with him while he wrote the ticket but he didn't. Whenever driving downtown and see bylaw and impark giving tickets I always comment on the work they do LOL...impark workers only make $10-$11 an hour. :1422:
Salamander420
Fledgling

Post by Salamander420 »

I laughed me *bleep* off the other day driving down ellis. it was Saturday afternoon and people were at prospera place watching the trucks. along ellis there was a sign with arrow no parking. but there was like 10 cars at least parking there and up on the dirt area behind the sidewalk. they all got a surprise when they returned to their trucks as every one had a tickets from kelownas great bylaw officer.. it is a cash grab prospera has deal with city to screw people over in order to force them to park in the paid area.. what a scam I must say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Salamander420 wrote:I laughed me *bleep* off the other day driving down ellis. it was Saturday afternoon and people were at prospera place watching the trucks. along ellis there was a sign with arrow no parking. but there was like 10 cars at least parking there and up on the dirt area behind the sidewalk. they all got a surprise when they returned to their trucks as every one had a tickets from kelownas great bylaw officer.. it is a cash grab prospera has deal with city to screw people over in order to force them to park in the paid area.. what a scam I must say.
It's a chance people want to take thinking no one is working Saturday to hand out tickets. No one is forcing people to park in paid areas - they can walk a short distance.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

TomBits wrote:I hate parking in Kelowna as a rule anytime , but at the Monster truck over past weekend paid $10 to park and because the ticket was upside down got an addition ticket for $35 anyone else have complaint about this cash grab

Contact Impark and advise them you made a error. I did so and they dropped the penalty. Give it a try.
Good luck!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

you would think the date would be stamped on both sides so you couldn't put it upside down on your dash but I suppose that would make to much sense.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

LTD wrote:you would think the date would be stamped on both sides so you couldn't put it upside down on your dash but I suppose that would make to much sense.

Face Up is a pretty simple instruction to follow.

I did not get a parking ticket this weekend because I live downtown and walked to the monster trucks :)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Is it still a cash grab if you deserve it?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Salamander420 wrote:I laughed me *bleep* off the other day driving down ellis. it was Saturday afternoon and people were at prospera place watching the trucks. along ellis there was a sign with arrow no parking. but there was like 10 cars at least parking there and up on the dirt area behind the sidewalk. they all got a surprise when they returned to their trucks as every one had a tickets from kelownas great bylaw officer.. it is a cash grab prospera has deal with city to screw people over in order to force them to park in the paid area.. what a scam I must say.

Maybe a $35 ticket isn't such a bad deal for a parking spot close to the event. Now if they towed your vehicle and you had to pay an impound fee, that might not be worthwhile.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

$5 to park in the Library parkade. $10 if you don't want to walk one block.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

CoK wants this cash grab so it will continue, until events start to see big drop in attendance. 2Hrs street parking for an event lasting 3+ hours….. $35 dollars fine and city runs all the way to bank. Every time I watch a Rockets game as I'm walking home I see vehicle after vehicle with little white piece paper under wiper blade.

Yep the city has hell of a racket here.

I live within nice walk to Prospera
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't see the cash grab when there's a parkade available and free parking after 5.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

GordonH wrote:CoK wants this cash grab so it will continue, until events start to see big drop in attendance. 2Hrs street parking for an event lasting 3+ hours….. $35 dollars fine and city runs all the way to bank. Every time I watch a Rockets game as I'm walking home I see vehicle after vehicle with little white piece paper under wiper blade.

Yep the city has hell of a racket here.

I live within nice walk to Prospera

Got to pay those fat salaries
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'd certainly fight the ticket but $10.00 doesn't seem to be outrageous to watch an event.

Return to “Central Okanagan”