Why

pacific403

Why

Post by pacific403 »

Why does the "City of Kelowna" not use the brand new "shaw building' on Leckie for their 'head quarters?
swamp1967

Re: Why

Post by swamp1967 »

That was sold back in the fall I believe, to Macintosh Properties.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm………. that would have worked for the IHA building instead of what they put on Doyle. I know it to late
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pacific403

Post by pacific403 »

So far poor planning on our local politicians?
BilboBigBags

Post by BilboBigBags »

I made an account just to comment on this because you're all so rediculous and quick to complain about everything.

The city is trying to improve the downtown core which involves demolishing old buildings and building newer modern higher density buildings. The idea being that an increase in people working and living in the downtown core will improve the overall feel and make it more welcoming then it already is. More people downtown means more money into the local economy.

It's about time they starting building up down there, we need more higher density. And it is a main part of their big plan for the city, which is why there have been so many improvements lately in that area.(Bernard, Queensway)

Get with it people.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

I thought it was being built over time until they were ready to move in?

Somthing to do with planning/budgeting.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

monroe wrote:I thought it was being built over time until they were ready to move in?

Somthing to do with planning/budgeting.

Shaw's eyes were much bigger then its stomach.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Wow, So thats why its been empty all this time? I was told by a few people in calgary Shaw was building it as they had the resources.

Pretty irresponsible for a company that size. I guess that would explain why the land around the building sat completely undeveloped all this time.

Maybe i should help the cause, up my cable package...
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Like all private industry, Shaw is in business to make money for their shareholders. If they satisfy the public in the process, so much the better.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

BilboBigBags wrote:I made an account just to comment on this because you're all so rediculous and quick to complain about everything.

The city is trying to improve the downtown core which involves demolishing old buildings and building newer modern higher density buildings. The idea being that an increase in people working and living in the downtown core will improve the overall feel and make it more welcoming then it already is. More people downtown means more money into the local economy.

It's about time they starting building up down there, we need more higher density. And it is a main part of their big plan for the city, which is why there have been so many improvements lately in that area.(Bernard, Queensway)

Get with it people.

Now you're just being silly. There is no 'plan'. Did you see the stupid $7,000,000 road improvement by Anne mclymont elementary?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The road improvement on Lakeshore is great and was needed.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

That improvement is aesthetics only. There was no practical improvement to the actual traffic problem
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I think the competition has hit Shaw pretty hard since the idea of that building was first thought up.
How many people even use shaw anymore? 50% of what they had maybe
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Jonrox » 34 minutes ago

The road improvement on Lakeshore is great and was needed.

Yea, my son needed a summer job so that he could contribute to his University Costs.
BilboBigBags

Post by BilboBigBags »

The lakeshore improvments were needed. There are hundred of kids who walk that section of road daily and they were stuck walking on the side of the road or ditches. Now they have a real.path that will encourage walking\biking to school work as its safer. Thats a pretty good reason, keeping school kids safe.

Return to “Central Okanagan”