HOV lane potholes

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

HOV lane potholes

Post by the truth »

holly crap just got back from driving the hov lane through town,honestly I think I saw no less then at least 30 potholes,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: hov lane potholes

Post by LTD »

noticed a loooooot of pot holes on the highway last night on my home some would swallow a Honda civic
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I have never seen as many potholes in the roads as I have this year.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

how long before they get fixed ,2 months lol :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The poor quality road work certainly is showing this season.

Fresh paves from last year look like a North Western Ontario backroad. Here in Kelowna where the winters are lax contractors can get away with poor quality roads because (as long as the weather stays nice) the deficiencies don't show.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Nothing compared to the roads in Edmonton!
erazmus

Post by erazmus »

Ha! Noticed the exact same thing - HOV lane west-bound. Absolutely insane. 30-40 of them! Not small ones either - huge craters. But I'm sure the city got a good deal from the contractor that originally paved that section.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I'm sure once someones Range Rover suffers some suspension and/or damage to a wheel, the city will be all over the repair process. These are my favourite threads to read, keep the comments coming please!
Sure do love Rutland!!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

not sure if there's much that can be done now to fix them I guess a temporary patch untill spring would be about it
terb

Post by terb »

Did YOU report it to the City? City of Kelowna has many easy ways to report such things, and then they know where they are to fix. My experience is reported things are acted on quite quickly.
http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page4234.aspx

Also City of Kelowna has a sophisticated pothole repairing outfit. It lets them make full repairs not just patch during the winter.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/132906/City-filling-pesky-potholes
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

terb wrote:Did YOU report it to the City? City of Kelowna has many easy ways to report such things, and then they know where they are to fix. My experience is reported things are acted on quite quickly.
http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page4234.aspx

Also City of Kelowna has a sophisticated pothole repairing outfit. It lets them make full repairs not just patch during the winter.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/132906/City-filling-pesky-potholes

That's great...if only the City of Kelowna was responsible for Highway 97. It's kind of surprising to me that so many people seem to be unaware that provincial highways, even where they pass through municipalities, are the responsibility of the Province, not the City. Every single thread on here that has anything to do with 97 or 33 has people blaming the city for stuff they have no control over or responsibility for.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Definitely some wheel-destroyers out there, Boucherie has some deep sinkhole-looking ones, lol
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: HOV lane potholes

Post by JayByrd »

There's a wicked one in the slow lane as you pass through the 97/33 intersection heading toward downtown.

I believe there is a way to inform the contractor responsible (is it still Argo?) that probably wouldn't take much more effort than writing a forum post. I'm also not sure if repair work is possible with conditions as wet as they are, but I'm sure someone here knows better than I.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Is anyone actually aware of how to go about reporting potholes on City Streets or Provincial Highways ??

I am sure that city vehicles and Provincial Vehicles see and encounter the same potholes that voters do. Is there a necessity to report them as well before anything is done about them ??

That seems weird.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Noticed on Dilworth where there was construction a couple of months ago, several good sized pot holes last week......the next day they were filled......done fairly quickly. Hwy 97 through town.......who fixes them and when?

Return to “Central Okanagan”