Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

Post by Queen K »

They won't be able to.

The project will be called a "bad decision" and the building will be sold to some bidder who has deep pockets and influence in City Council.

Then the search will be on for a new area to set one up, say comparable to the beauty in Williams Lake. And it is state of the art.

Sad day for Kelowna that this monster excuse for a "tourist center" is going ahead in the first place.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

All that was needed was a live chat feather on the tourism Kelowna website that is AODA accessible.

Then on the billboards coming into the site, state the website to get more information, tickets to events, etc. and let the internet do its thing.

Heck if they want to hire me, I can even get the AI developed so that the computer answers all the questions 24 hours a day.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

AlienSoldier wrote:All that was needed was a live chat feather on the tourism Kelowna website that is AODA accessible.

Then on the billboards coming into the site, state the website to get more information, tickets to events, etc. and let the internet do its thing.

Heck if they want to hire me, I can even get the AI developed so that the computer answers all the questions 24 hours a day.

There r litterally millions of reason$ they dont take up the offer
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

AlienSoldier wrote:All that was needed was a live chat feather

Those are cool, you can talk to anyone you want with one of those! :D
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

The loungers out front will be nice a nice touch for staff to have a break in after staring out the picture window at the lake all day. :up:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Queen K wrote:They won't be able to.

The project will be called a "bad decision" and the building will be sold to some bidder who has deep pockets and influence in City Council.

Then the search will be on for a new area to set one up, say comparable to the beauty in Williams Lake. And it is state of the art.

Sad day for Kelowna that this monster excuse for a "tourist center" is going ahead in the first place.

Williams Lake Tourist Centre, on the main highways nice building, lots of parking.
Osoyoos Tourist Centre, at the junction of 2 highways, nice building, lots of parking.
Grande Cache AB, on the main highway, nice building lots of parking.
All the above are MOTORHOME ACCESSIBLE.

Tourism Kelowna, decides theirs should not be on the highway.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

If you search the 3 examples above on Google, then click on images, you will see what they built and how nice it is.
Then you will realize what we did not and will not get for our visitors.
In short, we and our visitors get screwed.. and for what... so TK gets to hang out on the lake..
I still object..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Vernon's tourist building is not on a highway either.
Last edited by Fancy on May 17th, 2018, 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

doesnt matter no one vacations in Vernon
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kelowna isn't aiming at the motorhomes for business considering the drop in traffic at the old building.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:doesnt matter no one vacations in Vernon

Of course they do. There are a lot of attractions in the area. The waterslides are popular and don't forget the obvious ones.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Pentictons office isn't on the highway either. Must be an Okanagan thing.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Doesn't look like Revelstoke's is either.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

just popping in wrote:Thank you, Stan Macruger, got a good laugh on your letter to Editor.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215023

Tourist information center
Contributed - Jan 1, 2018 / 4:00 pm | Story: 215023
Apparently, the ever important information center that is so critically necessary for attracting visitors, doesn't need to be open at all over the holidays.
I guess we don't get many tourists at Christmas or any other holidays here in Kelowna or Big White?
They will be open again on Jan 2 when it gets busy again! Good thing!
Stan Macruger

Edit to add: I sincerely hope you were not a tourist looking for information but if so you were able to enjoy your visit to our City, which apparently isn't open on holidays, we are only open for business Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

This is hilarious!!! I always like to start my day with a good laugh and reading Stan Macruger's letter and your added edit this morning really did the trick! If there was EVER any further proof needed that this tourism centre is council's BIGGEST waste of taxpayers' money yet, well here it is.....close the thing on the busiest tourism dates of the year!! Who could find issue with that??

I guess the powers that be who shoved that building down our throats, wasted our money, all the while crying how critical it was to have it to accommodate our multitudes of tourists, and the worker-bees who will be enjoying working in that primo spot, Mon - Fri, 8 - 4, closed all holidays (and not a minute more) don't care so much about the tourists after all! Surprise surprise!

October can't come soon enough for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If they weren't getting the traffic there, why stay open?

Return to “Central Okanagan”