Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

Post by WalterWhite »

I haven't spent time looking yet, but can anyone confirm this concept design for Milroy's development was created more than 3 years ago? If so, I'm curious why it contains the yet to be created build-out into the water at the bottom of Queensway - conveniently right where the now just approved TK center is to be constructed. Not to sound like this belongs in the conspiracy threads, but if in fact true does this not further confirm the intended plan for this goes back much further than originally disclosed?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... s-redesign

hotel_p3228725.jpg
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

WalterWhite wrote:I haven't spent time looking yet, but can anyone confirm this concept design for Milroy's development was created more than 3 years ago? If so, I'm curious why it contains the yet to be created build-out into the water at the bottom of Queensway - conveniently right where the now just approved TK center is to be constructed. Not to sound like this belongs in the conspiracy threads, but if in fact true does this not further confirm the intended plan for this goes back much further than originally disclosed?

No doubt! Copious important information has been withheld from the public for years in order for the current council to attempt to gain plausibility for approval of the TK plan.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

This just in:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/199954/New-visitor-centre-proposed

and a quote out of the article:

“The location we are in, in respect to visibility, is very good,” Travel Penticton Executive Director, Thom Tischuk told council. “Visitor centres tucked into downtown locations quite often don't do well.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Anonymous123 wrote:This just in:

“The location we are in, in respect to visibility, is very good,” Travel Penticton Executive Director, Thom Tischuk told council. “Visitor centres tucked into downtown locations quite often don't do well.

Oops.

But surely you'd have to be a 30 year veteran of the tourism industry to have so much insight?

Or just an average Joe with some common sense.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

WalterWhite wrote:I haven't spent time looking yet, but can anyone confirm this concept design for Milroy's development was created more than 3 years ago? If so, I'm curious why it contains the yet to be created build-out into the water at the bottom of Queensway - conveniently right where the now just approved TK center is to be constructed. Not to sound like this belongs in the conspiracy threads, but if in fact true does this not further confirm the intended plan for this goes back much further than originally disclosed?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... s-redesign

hotel_p3228725.jpg

Funny, you often have to be somewhat paranoid in order to see a conspiracy theory.

I had a friend tell me years ago that paranoia could be defined as "total awareness".

I saw these pics/or similar a few years back when that group originally came forward with their ideas. I think this was the same group that was tied into and financed the new docks down there.
I do absolutely believe the initial plan and site selection for the new TK center has everyhting to do with the development above or similar.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

Bah ha ha. .so their boss quit..shameful.. hopefully some so called elected city officials will do the same..? :130:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

AtticSalt wrote:Bah ha ha. .so their boss quit..shameful.. hopefully some so called elected city officials will do the same..? :130:

Hmmm - interesting? Coincidence? Reading too much into it? All of the above?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Anonymous123 wrote:This just in:

It could be that "they" don't want it necessarily to do well.
Some day Milroy could be scooping up an expensive lakeshore property paid for with tax dollars but failed as a tourism center. And "oh look, it's right across the street from his expensive hotel."

Bet there's a plan in place.

It's embarrassing that downtown Kelowna has empty lots right on the highway, full of weeds, and the tourism center looks like it was built in the early 1970s - in 2017.

And yet the debacle that is pushed through is doomed to fail, anyone taking a civics class in grade 12 can see that. So to my mind there is another purpose to this building.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

AtticSalt wrote:Bah ha ha. .so their boss quit..shameful.. hopefully some so called elected city officials will do the same..? :130:

It's fairly typical that someone like that does such a thing.

Craps all over the residents of this town then sneaks off to get a better or more well paid job elsewhere. Their legacy? A useless or irrelevant eyesore. Fleeces the taxpayers and cons a city council. Then they put on their resume what a wonderful achievement it was.

Shameful.
Last edited by lightspeed on Jun 23rd, 2017, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Im thinking it would explain alot if we perhaps came across the aftermath of a "Reservoir Dogs" style standoff between phil milroy and some of his executive team, Nancy Cameron, the Mayor, Sharon Simpson and Ron Mattiussi.

In my mind, this fantasy takes place in the tunnel under the bridge.

ETA: in this scenario, Sharon Simpson makes it out bloodied but alive :biggrin:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Cameron and Bibby, who spoke so enthusiastically for the Tourist Centre, will now both be gone. Bibby already was working down South.. They cram it down our throats and leave...nice..NOT..
Anyone else feel like we been had ?

The good news, the Milroy finger building flipping off Kelowna, has not yet been started.. Thanks for that.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

monroe wrote:Im thinking it would explain alot if we perhaps came across the aftermath of a "Reservoir Dogs" style standoff between phil milroy and some of his executive team, Nancy Cameron, the Mayor, Sharon Simpson and Ron Mattiussi.

And then, in the finale, Milroy and his executive team get exiled to Saskatoon.
Forevah!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dudemeiser

Post by dudemeiser »

Convention traffic is a big part of what Tourism Kelowna tries to bring. There is a common concern that there is no real "convention centre" available.

Convenient that this property is located directly across the street from a soon to be built hotel, no? And who will profit from the private rentals of this "Tourist Centre"?
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Queen K wrote:
monroe wrote:Im thinking it would explain alot if we perhaps came across the aftermath of a "Reservoir Dogs" style standoff between phil milroy and some of his executive team, Nancy Cameron, the Mayor, Sharon Simpson and Ron Mattiussi.

And then, in the finale, Milroy and his executive team get exiled to Saskatoon.
Forevah!

<insert slow clap> ... ooh kay, YOU are SO close to being sent to the corner!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:raspberry:

How close am I now?

Return to “Central Okanagan”