Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

Re: Tourism Kelowna - Queensway

Postby Anonymous123 » May 17th, 2018, 6:40 am

Fancy wrote:If they weren't getting the traffic there, why stay open?

Paycheques.
We See
We Judge

2 people like this post.
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1134 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » May 17th, 2018, 6:40 am

If they have no customers. Why steal another few million to prop up a dying horse
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2373 posts

Postby dle » May 17th, 2018, 8:42 am

Valid point Fancy and I'd like to address it.

A tourist centre is supposed to be for tourists. Tourists arrive all the time, any time. So I suspect it is quite fine and dandy to close a totally suitably placed bought and paid for centre like our still current tourism stop and not much hue & cry will ensue, it's still inconvenient for the tourist but Kelowna Tourism's attitude seems to be "oh well". However, when the City and Tourism Kelowna feel the need to bully-build a brand new $2M glass & cement building on our waterfront SPECIFICALLY to attract and be available much more easily for said tourists, in their own words
we made the decision to go to where the customer was.
" ,then they better be prepared to be there when the customer comes calling and do just that - BE AVAILABLE FOR TOURISTS AT ALL TIMES.

THAT is why I feel they will need to stay open and do what they whined about wanting to do - be there for the tourists who are apparently to dense to open a kiosk lid and avail themselves of brochures, maps, info-books etc, or use Google, without the aid of a $2M building which will be unstaffed anyways when actually needed for information.

They are the ones who implied "Build it, and they will come".....but they come and no one is home?

2 people like this post.
dle
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 976 posts

Postby fz6adventure » May 17th, 2018, 8:46 am

dle wrote:Valid point Fancy and I'd like to address it.

I can tell you from experience, it is frustrating to roll into a new city looking for the visitor centre, finally finding it after navigating through unfamiliar streets, only to find it closed. It leaves a sour taste that the city in question really does not care about helping tourists.

3 people like this post.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Liked in: 478 posts

Postby dle » May 17th, 2018, 8:51 am

dle wrote:

Valid point Fancy and I'd like to address it.

A tourist centre is supposed to be for tourists. Tourists arrive all the time, any time. So I suspect it is quite fine and dandy to close a totally suitably placed bought and paid for centre like our still current tourism stop and not much hue & cry will ensue, it's still inconvenient for the tourist but Kelowna Tourism's attitude seems to be "oh well". However, when the City and Tourism Kelowna feel the need to bully-build a brand new $2M glass & cement building on our waterfront SPECIFICALLY to attract and be available much more easily for said tourists, in their own words
we made the decision to go to where the customer was.
" ,then they better be prepared to be there when the customer comes calling and do just that - BE AVAILABLE FOR TOURISTS AT ALL TIMES.

THAT is why I feel they will need to stay open and do what they whined about wanting to do - be there for the tourists who they feel are apparently to dense to open a kiosk lid and avail themselves of brochures, maps, info-books etc, or use Google, without the aid of a $2M building which will be unstaffed anyways when actually needed for information.

They are the ones who implied "Build it, and they will come".....but they come and no one is home?
dle
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby dle » May 17th, 2018, 8:57 am

fz6adventure wrote:
dle wrote:Valid point Fancy and I'd like to address it.

I can tell you from experience, it is frustrating to roll into a new city looking for the visitor centre, finally finding it after navigating through unfamiliar streets, only to find it closed. It leaves a sour taste that the city in question really does not care about helping tourists.

Absolutely it is....it's what the visitor centres are for right? Visitors! I guess we want to just GIVE THE APPEARANCE of wanting to help tourists by impressing them with a skookum waterfront structure....but only at specific times....I guess everyone will have to look up the "hours of operation" of the Kelowna Tourism Centre before they come and make sure they plan their vacation around them....if they want any information that is....I'll bet there will still be kiosks around to get that info just in case...you know like a "safety net" in case the $2M real deal isn't, well, open for business....

2 people like this post.
dle
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Jflem1983 » May 17th, 2018, 9:08 am

Only the unwashed arrive on holidays , weekends or after 4 pm. :D . Clearly Kelowna is catering to the well heeled jet set that can afford to travel mid week for pleasure.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

fz6adventure likes this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby Fancy » May 17th, 2018, 9:28 am

They are catering to the pedestrian traffic.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 5857 posts

Postby spooker » May 17th, 2018, 9:40 am

Fancy wrote:They are catering to the pedestrian traffic.

And you know the only reason they're pedestrians is because they're too poor to buy a car ... anyone of any value drives a car everywhere ... :biggrin:
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

2 people like this post.
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 630 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » May 20th, 2018, 10:12 am

Holy hell the thing is freakin huge. What an eyesore

4 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby jamapple » May 20th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Fancy wrote:They are catering to the pedestrian traffic.

Of course the pedestrian traffic. You can't get a big motorhome down there. What? You thought maybe they'd park their big rigs up on Harvey and walk to the tourist information building? For pedestrians it should be a kiosk, not an expensive lakeside eyesoar.

6 people like this post.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1246 posts

Postby fz6adventure » Jun 8th, 2018, 11:01 am

Colin Basran's latest Campaign Poster
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4 people like this post.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Liked in: 478 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan