Paramount Theatre Closing

pepsilover
Übergod

Re: Paramount Theatre Closing

Post by pepsilover »

I didn't know Kelowna had a drive-in. I know Westbank did, right near Butt Road where they built the old Zeller's store.

That was the last drive-in I ever went to. Took my kid to see ET. His only trip to a drive-in.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

pepsilover wrote:I didn't know Kelowna had a drive-in. I know Westbank did, right near Butt Road where they built the old Zeller's store.

That was the last drive-in I ever went to. Took my kid to see ET. His only trip to a drive-in.

These are long gone now:
Vernon's was on corner 48th Ave & 28th St (currently extended care home)
Salmon Arm's was across the road from current intersection at Trans-Canada & Hwy 97B
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Does Vernon still have that comic book store/antique store right on the main drag when you come into town? I used to take my kid there all the time for comic book stuff, hockey cards etc. I loved that store but he got kinda pricey in later years.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Kelownas drive in was where bannister gm is now . Last time I was there was '85
Strong and free
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

pepsilover wrote:Does Vernon still have that comic book store/antique store right on the main drag when you come into town? I used to take my kid there all the time for comic book stuff, hockey cards etc. I loved that store but he got kinda pricey in later years.

Not sure if this is the place or not http://www.ebenezers.ca/index.php
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

Check this out. Revival of small town movie theater:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=8554 ... nPageNum=1

The Paramount doesn't sit within the Simpson Covenant area does it? ;)
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

TedD wrote:Check this out. Revival of small town movie theater:

Not even close
You and 71 others Like this post
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

TedD wrote:Check this out. Revival of small town movie theater:

Here is Simpson Covenant Land: Image
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

LANDM wrote:Not even close

I know. I was joking. Hence the ;)
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

GordonH wrote:Not sure if this is the place or not http://www.ebenezers.ca/index.php

Yes! That's it!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

pepsilover wrote:I heard a few years back that one is still open. Sounds like a plan.

Gordon gave you the link and its still open and going strong. They opened last weekend (earlier than planned) and are open Friday, Saturday nights (Sunday as well if its a long weekend) until the summer when they go nightly until September then its back to weekends until Octoberish.

Can't beat $10 for 2 movies and $10 for a large popcorn and pop (one refill on both as well). I try to go whenever I'm home.

GordonH wrote:Not sure if this is the place or not http://www.ebenezers.ca/index.php

Such a shame that they don't have their arcade anymore - I spent many hours and many quarters there growing up. I still go there to pick up some books and just to say hi to the staff. Fantastic guys there.

As for the Paramount, IIRC, the last movies I went to go see there were Star Wars Episodes 4,5 and 6 when they were re-released in 1997.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -1.4269812

Just like here just to be turned into a Tim Hortons....

Someone help us from this American Company! and Awful Coffee...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I would love for drive-ins to make a come-back, I know this is unlikely considering the value of the property needed to do this.

Failing that, I love the movies in the park that is popular right now for charities, I think this is super fun.

There is a small independent theatre in Oliver that is awesome! We love it there and go all the time, and they use real butter on the popcorn.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:I would love for drive-ins to make a come-back, I know this is unlikely considering the value of the property needed to do this.

Failing that, I love the movies in the park that is popular right now for charities, I think this is super fun.

There is a small independent theatre in Oliver that is awesome! We love it there and go all the time, and they use real butter on the popcorn.

If you are willing to make 420km round trip, there is a drive in with that. Just south of Enderby
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Gordon, we used to live up that way and yes, we loved going there. It is such a deal too considering you can watch 2 and sometimes 3 movies. We'd put the kids in their Jammie's and they'd make it through the first feature and then we'd get to cuddle and make out like teenagers (aargh...gross!).

We even saw the Northen Lights at that Enderby theatre one night, it was the best thing ever!

Return to “Central Okanagan”