Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna Mountain Suspension Bridge

Post by Symbonite »

Why is thing so negative to most ppl that wouldn't Goin the first place maybe it needs to be corporate like a beer company for ppl to accept it oh well
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
frellingdren
Fledgling

Post by frellingdren »

Apparently they opened last weekend. Anyone go up there and check it out?

http://www.kelownamountain.com/
I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just "Crewman Number Six." I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Symbonite wrote:Why is thing so negative to most ppl that wouldn't Goin the first place maybe it needs to be corporate like a beer company for ppl to accept it oh well

Perhaps if Consiglio hadn't been in the news for prior "indiscretions" , perhaps if he did this within the rules , perhaps if he didn't have so many people chasing him for money via the courts....

Maybe so many people wouldn't be so negative..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

frellingdren wrote:Apparently they opened last weekend. Anyone go up there and check it out?

http://www.kelownamountain.com/

On Saturday they posted on their Facebook page that it's open on weekends from 10:00-5:00...sounds kind of legit this time. Still wouldn't pay $25 myself.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

I drove up there - just to see if he was actually serious about trying to make some kind of effort to make the place look presentable.
Nope.
It's terrible, seriously terrible.

Their 'security fencing' is made of those temporary metal posts with wire and barbed wire on top...it surrounds the whole top of the area around the buildings and bridges. It has no gates, they just pulled a section of the wire back and leaned it against a post.
It seriously looks like a Nazi concentration camp now.

Unless they are hiding the parking lot - there were four cars up there, and one was Consiglio's.

Nothing has been improved, cleaned, renovated or repaired. The fountain out front wasn't working. There's no sign of the 'vineyard' they planted. The weeds at the front entrance to the welcome centre were higher than the plants.

The part I liked best though, is the huge flippin open garbage dump off the main entry gate as you pull off of Gillard - right behind their unused info/ticket building. It is revolting !!! There are three huge dump sites right there at the side of the road - full of household garbage, crap from the building site, old mattresses, the broken furniture from the patio, garbage bags, junk, broken garden equipment...you name it, it's just tossed into the Kelowna Mountain landfill station.

Seriously Consiglio ? How are people supposed to take you and your 'development' seriously when it's abundantly clear that absolutely no care or effort is being taken to even make it look halfway presentable.
You couldn't even hire a few kids to at least pull weeds ???
You're using the natural environment as your own personal garbage dump ?!

Ugh.
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Not sure who it would appeal to
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Let's put all our pennies together and buy it!
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Even Steven wrote:Let's put all our pennies together and buy it!

Probably like 2.4 million KGS of pennies!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Someone will scoop it, in about a year from now, for much much less. I hope no one is counting on a quick sale.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

What' the point of buying it if it doesn't include the suspension bridges or the cave. That was the only reason I went up there.
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

Wait until next week for a 30%off discount. Oh wait, that's HMV.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Not even the cave? Does the cave have separate parking? Because what use is the cave without the rest of the enterprise?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i hope someone turns it into a huge legal grow op
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Not even the cave? Does the cave have separate parking? Because what use is the cave without the rest of the enterprise?

IF good enough the cave should BE the the parking area.......with complimentary Alfred and Batmen Valet.

Return to “Central Okanagan”