Uber is coming to town...

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Uber is coming to town...

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:uber cant come here soon enough I had the pleasure of using it in the states a few weeks ago and cant wait to see it come here I'm a little tired of the greasy taxi cab monopoly here

I don't like the monopoly either, and their terrible driving, but I don't like the idea of rapists, creeps, and amateurs ferrying people around.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
greenmile

Post by greenmile »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 19th, 2017, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote with no additional message.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Bumped

Delayed, no surprise here. Sounds like Premier is starting to really tick off Green Leader..... divorce anyone.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/209258 ... -year-away

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/209563 ... de-sharing
Clearly the Greens & NDP don't see eye to eye on this one. Repeat..... divorce anyone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

lightspeed wrote:
LTD wrote:uber cant come here soon enough I had the pleasure of using it in the states a few weeks ago and cant wait to see it come here I'm a little tired of the greasy taxi cab monopoly here

I don't like the monopoly either, and their terrible driving, but I don't like the idea of rapists, creeps, and amateurs ferrying people around.

well I didn't encounter any rapists , creeps or amateurs but I did encounter nice people with clean newer vehicles who all drove exceptionally well (which is a hek of a lot better than some of the fresh off the boat drivers in cabs here) it was far more affordable than cabs here and an all around better experience, don't knock it until you try it. I was actually very skeptical about the whole uber thing, now that I have used it I cant wait until they drive the thieving greasy cab companies out of business just gotta come up with something for the thieving :swear: tow companies now.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LTD wrote:well I didn't encounter any rapists , creeps or amateurs but I did encounter nice people with clean newer vehicles who all drove exceptionally well (which is a hek of a lot better than some of the fresh off the boat drivers in cabs here) it was far more affordable than cabs here and an all around better experience, don't knock it until you try it. I was actually very skeptical about the whole uber thing, now that I have used it I cant wait until they drive the thieving greasy cab companies out of business just gotta come up with something for the thieving :swear: tow companies now.

I'd have no issue of the UberGoons needed a class 4 licence and regular medical just like any other professional driver. After all, that's what they are. I think the govt is just rubber stamping something that should be regulated.

And I do have an issue with the Uber company culture. As evidenced in various media coverage.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...

Return to “Central Okanagan”