$20,000 in Taxes, Nice Job City Of Kelowna

WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Re: $20,000 in Taxes, Nice Job City Of Kelowna

Post by WheelWeaves »

They are repainting the lines around the city in various intervals, they just did gordon which is a very high traffic area last week.

Chill out, sit on your million dollar patio, grab a bottle of wine from the million dollar wine cellar and take a million dollar break.

Maybe mention to your personal gardener that you dislike the dandelions you see when you leave the house in your 100k mercedes.

Or just find some hippie hanging downtown, give him 20 to start pulling and 30$ when he's done...... be pro-active here.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Would people feel any better if all of the easements and curb or center boulevards ,that presently have grass on them, were paved over or turned into gravel over weed block sheeting, low maintenance areas ?? We have no sidewalk so we turned it into a rock over weed block strip. No dirt and no dandelions or other weeds.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

I think the weed elms we have here are actually Siberian Elms (Ulmus pumila), rather than Chinese Elms (Ulmus parvifolia). I'd always thought they were the same thing but by a different name, now I realise they're two different trees. The seedlings look similar though, basically anything that looks remotely like an elm seedling should be destroyed without a second thought.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Pumila? Reminds me of something Borat loves
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

tsayta wrote:Pumila? Reminds me of something Borat loves

Great success!!
My pumilia hangs like the sleeves of a wizard.......
You and 71 others Like this post
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Lol. Took the time to create a post about the dandelions. I'd love to be invited to your nice place on Abbott so I can listen to you complain about dandelions for 3 hours...

PS. Your property taxes aren't just spent on you, it's to pay for all the other low life scum like myself squatting in Kelowna...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Catri wrote:I think the weed elms we have here are actually Siberian Elms (Ulmus pumila), rather than Chinese Elms (Ulmus parvifolia). I'd always thought they were the same thing but by a different name, now I realise they're two different trees. The seedlings look similar though, basically anything that looks remotely like an elm seedling should be destroyed without a second thought.

Yes, and we are now suffering a seed on-slaught from Chinese elm. Another season of people letting these things grow and get deeply rooted before they realize how difficult it is to destroy them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

What a disgrace the planters next to the sidewalks are along Lakeshore, I don't know what are weeds and what are plants.
Tony B.

Post by Tony B. »

I've lived in many cities and towns and have found the Kelowna to be more kept up and clean than most of them.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

fall wrote:What a disgrace the planters next to the sidewalks are along Lakeshore, I don't know what are weeds and what are plants.

What! You have planters beside the sidewalks on Lakeshore? Hell, we don't even have sidewalks along the main route from Rutland to Glenmore, whoops, I forgot, you have to serve the more deserving first.
So despite the fact that many places already have sidewalks, they also need fancy curvilinear bicycle paths, both sides if necessary. Whose idea is it for the fancy bike paths? Lame, plain and simple.
Waste not
Tony B.

Post by Tony B. »

Grandan wrote:What! You have planters beside the sidewalks on Lakeshore? Hell, we don't even have sidewalks along the main route from Rutland to Glenmore, whoops, I forgot, you have to serve the more deserving first.
So despite the fact that many places already have sidewalks, they also need fancy curvilinear bicycle paths, both sides if necessary. Whose idea is it for the fancy bike paths? Lame, plain and simple.

I agree - some are hardly used. I've spent many hours sitting in my car watching different bike paths without a single rider going by.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

maybe the city can grant you 11000 dollars to pull out some dandelions and paint the curbs red and green
jetty1965
Board Meister

Post by jetty1965 »

You pay more taxes because you live in a more expensive house. It does not give you more service. It doesn't work that way. in 2 months the dandelions will all be dead and grass brown anyway so don't worry about it. Or you can pay some kid to mow it for you for 10 bucks.
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

Kelowna_Born wrote:This is what you get for paying $20,000 a year in property taxes in our nice little Abbott St corridor. Colin Basran wants to build police stations, rails to trails, hell maybe a new city hall to park his a$$ is in coming soon.

Our city can't even keep the lines on the road painted, the lawns not even half-a$$ed maintained or those fancy rainbow stick lights downtown in front of Safeway going, half of them have been burnt out for 2 years.

Great job Mayor and Council.

OP should read up before posting; e.g. google is your friend

The "the strip of land between your property boundary and the street" is the property owner's responsibility. Paying 20Gs in prop tax, exempt from that responisbility it does not make you.
http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/page3366.aspx
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Hassel99 wrote:First world problems is an understatement here.

QFT.

...but someone really should paint those trees.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”