You really know you dont fit into Kelowna when...

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: You really know you dont fit into Kelowna when...

Post by Hassel99 »

lesliepaul wrote:

That courtesy has "left the building"........NEVER have I seen so many ignorant, self serving people (Kelowna women are the ABSOLUTE WORST) when it comes to letting someone with one item as opposed to the shopping cart full ahead. Took me a while to learn but NOBODY gets in front of me now.

Oh, and when they (cashiers at so many stores) ask if I would like to donate to "whatever"...........the answer NO is out of my mouth before they are finished asking. I hope they find it rude!

Kelowna is great once you get the hang of it.

Chicken or the egg?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

1Westside wrote:Lesliepaul; you really hope that some cashier takes your NO to there question about donating to whatever cause as you being rude? Wow dude, I work in retail and very often we are asked to ask each customer if they would like to donate ....

A simple no thank you is the polite and mature response to a question that is mandated by the employer. Ever considered that the employee that you are choosing to be rude to isn't particularly thrilled about having to ask each and every customer?

Your attitude is not one of the Kelowna that I know. I'm lucky to have been born and raised here and see many wonderful terrific people in my travels around the city and valley. I only hope for you that you are able to find a circle of friends that helps you to lighten up.

Spread some joy and you might just find it comes back to you.

If the employee takes offence to a NO answer and it bothers them, then THEY should approach THEIR manager or employer and explain to them they are uncomfortable asking EVERYONE and their dog for MORE money on top of the bill they are paying. This whole idea of asking customers at the checkout is to cause embarrassment while others are looking on in the hope of the person caving in. Last Saturday at Costco they asked for a $5.00 donation..........truly a record at a retail store.

If a store wants to promote a charitable cause, make it known in advance........"we are collecting for such and such the week of"........promote it properly........not thrown in your face at the last second. 1Westside.......I prefer to pick where my money goes to "spread the joy". I do not need Walmart, B.C. Liquor or Costco to name a few deciding for me on a weekly basis. In case you missed it.......there are a lot of "hands" in all of our pockets everyday in this province. Some people can absorb a buck here, a buck (now $5.00) there numerous times a day.........I'm not one of them.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

You don't race the car beside you to the merge sign.

You ask how to get to the local drive-in theater.

You think all of the property piled on the sidewalks on Leon is a community garage sale.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

You pull past all the boats waiting their turn at the Eldorado and have your buddy pull the trailer into the lake..

Oh, when Albert goes home for the years it so nice!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Straight Shooter wrote:You thought our own version of China Town on Leon in years gone by, became another East Hastings skid road destination.

and or an episode of the walking dead
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you really know you don't fit into Kelowna when --if you are a 20 year old male and are not on steroids and you body is not already couvered full of loser skull ,barbwire,and gang tattoos--------
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

When you don't mind parking further back of the lot rather than circle around for 2o minutes to get that primo spot.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
DeepEnd
Fledgling

Post by DeepEnd »

when you find yourself bored watching all the peasants in the city go about their dreary lives, as you sip imported wine in your infinity pool high above on a hill side.
Never pass up the opportunity to do good.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

when you get a great deal for taking over our City Park for a cheezy "Christmas Display" and charging an outrageous price and then complain when nobody comes and then calls Kelowna people a bunch of cheapskates, AND you don't even have to say how much you made and donated to the "charities" ...
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

lesliepaul wrote:That courtesy has "left the building"........NEVER have I seen so many ignorant, self serving people (Kelowna women are the ABSOLUTE WORST) when it comes to letting someone with one item as opposed to the shopping cart full ahead. Took me a while to learn but NOBODY gets in front of me now.

Oh, and when they (cashiers at so many stores) ask if I would like to donate to "whatever"...........the answer NO is out of my mouth before they are finished asking. I hope they find it rude!

I find the complete opposite. I have often been waved ahead in lines for having few items at Costco (where there is no express lane) and I do the same if I happen to notice someone behind my jam-packed cart with only an armful of stuff. Not being let ahead in line has no malice attached to it, it's possible that people are focused on their own thing and don't actually sense you standing there BEHIND them with your mighty expectation of budging.

I also decline to donate at the till, just as I don't make donations at my front door or over the phone. I don't, however, intentionally hope to come off as rude in declining them. That may just be you.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

When you start and comment in a forum to complain about Kelowna for the 4,325,187 time.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

Noisy Boater wrote:You do the speed limit.

Driving down Dilworth riding your brakes.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

You do not know where the local Senior Center is or that Seniors have the right of way when driving.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

You do not screech to a halt at a red light then immediately honk your horn and floor the gas peddle when the light turns green.

You think the Park downtown (with the $800,000.00 X and Y one holer) is there for the purpose of families enjoying themselves.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

...when you use your brain and can see past the end of your nose.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”