Missing man - Lake Country ? Found yet ?

Tootsie
Board Meister

Missing man - Lake Country ? Found yet ?

Post by Tootsie »

I don't know if this subject is allowed on this particular thread of this forum or not. If not, Moderators I apologize and please feel free to move it to where it's appropriate.

The recent article about the missing man from Lake Country who has not been seen since June 1st ...his name is Devon Smit....has touched us. We don't know Devon at all but over the years we've seen this lad walking around Lake Country. Always with his backpack. When I saw his picture on Castanet & saw he had been reported as missing my heart sunk.

We've gone thru a family member missing (unfortunately did not end well in our case after searching for months...body was found & suicide affirmed).

So this article struck a note with us & the "not knowing" part ...I have been watching the news and have not heard. Has Devon been found ? Anyone know ? We feel for his loved ones. We've certainly been keeping our eyes open for him.

Edited: to ad link to original story
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/16 ... an-missing
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Missing man - Lake Country ? Found yet ?

Post by Hassel99 »

The Vernon Morning star had an article about him in this morning paper. He is still missing sadly.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Devon used to hang around Rutland Rd. too. A few times he had gotten on the bus, he would go to the Rutland area. He used to love going to the library here in Lake Country, too.
Devon was always polite to me and I always got a hug from him. I was down at Queensway the other day and asked some people that were there, behind the clock, if they had seen him at all. I described him, and no, they hadn't seen him. They said they would keep an eye out for him. I assured them he was NOT in any trouble, but, if they did see him, ask him to call his family or the police to let them know that he is okay.
I hope and pray he is okay. Devon, Dear, please, PLEASE, let someone know that you are okay. We are all worried about you, Dear.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Devon has been found. Yeahhhh!!! :) Saw the update on Castanet news. Don't know the full story, just happy he has been found. Hope to talk with him soon, and get his usual hug. Stay safe, Devon, and please, next time?? Let someone know where you are and that you are safe, please. :)
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It is nice to see that a number of people appear to be keeping an eye out for Devon wandering about the community. Good for you people.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Central Okanagan”