The Source in Westbank Closed

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: The Source in Westbank Closed

Post by TylerM4 »

looking4one wrote:The Source was good for hobby parts and pieces.

20 years ago - maybe.

They have a wall of misc electronic bits and pieces. 1/3 of which was always out of stock with no ETA for replenishment. And don't even think of asking a store employee a question about them - they have no clue.

Digikey is my go-to place for all of this stuff. Good website, best pricing, HUGE selection and inventory,all of the datasheets on hand, easy to search for/find the components required, etc. Only reason to use a local company is if you need to actually touch/see the components (diagrams , datasheets, and measurements aren't enough for your needs) or if you need something "today" rather than waiting a week for a delivery.

Locally, there are specialized electronics supply places that are a much better choice. Way more selection, much better pricing, and staff that actually know something about the components. Wytek is my go-to for a local place. http://www.wytekdirect.com/

The only reason to visit The Source for this stuff is if you're already wandering the mall anyway and it's more convenient due to the location.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

AND their choice to change direction has probably caused their own failure.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Source is closed and has been for about a month ... just talked to my friend in the mall and she said the sign on the door doesn't explain anything but they are gone.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

More & more store are lowering walkin stores to online, since there is still 2 stores in the immediate area. The one with lowest sales gets dropped.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”