Boy Am I Happy (gas prices)

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Boy Am I Happy (gas prices)

Post by Donald G »

Buy in West Kelowna or Winfield ?? Ride a m/c, scooter, bicycle (gas or electric) ?? Ride the bus ?? Walk ??
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

lesliepaul wrote:Pick ONE brand in Kelowna..........make that from Osoyoos to Enderby and stick it up their *bleep*. A boycott works when everyone is on board. Look what happened to Earl's and their idea of using U.S. beef......they were very close to shutting down if it was not for full page apologies. I could not have been happier watching the Glenmore PetroCan have no gas.......they got what they deserved.

First thing that happened when PC ran out of fuel was prices skyrocketed. Other stations would probably just raise rates becuase the demand is higher
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

To those of you that say you aren't good with this, your actions would suggest otherwise. You're perfectly fine paying these prices and would pay more. You just like to complain because people have always complained about gas prices. It's all about people not taking responsibility for their own actions.

You're addicted to gasoline but feel the need to blame others for your addiction, when in fact the gas stations in question are taking a very reasonable margin of about 15%. There's nothing greedy or obscene about that. You pay many times that margin on virtually everything else you buy. They could charge margins of 30%, 50%, or even higher and most of you would still buy.

I'd say they're doing you a solid favour by not charging that much.

And lastly it's curious how you think it's ok for companies in every other industry to charge healthy margins, but not gas companies??? This is just a bunch of hypocrite complainers griping about gas stations. You're paying less margin to gas stations than you pay to every other company you buy stuff from, but somehow that's not ok. You know how ridiculous that sounds?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I don't really care what excuse oil companies use to stick it to us, and comparing us to some other places doesn't even seem right given that we produce oil.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Donald G wrote:Petrol pump prices in the UK ... multiply the pound prices by 1.75 to compare them to the Canadian (dollar) prices.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... allon.html

There are 4.54609 liters in a British Gallon.

British (pound) price X 1.75 = Canadian dollar price

At 3.50 (pounds) per gal = about 1.35 Canadian dollars per liter if my calculations are correct.

I don't care! I don't plan on driving to the UK. :130:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 30th, 2016, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If it's any consolation, Venezuela gave away gas for 5 cents a liter forever, and look at em now.
:-)
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 30th, 2016, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Those comparing fuel prices between here and Europe, keep in mind that Europe pays double in taxes as we do.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've seen gas at 107.9/L today in Rutland.

Is this price everywhere? Anyone know?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Queen K wrote:I've seen gas at 107.9/L today in Rutland.

Is this price everywhere? Anyone know?

Check gasbuddy.com for prices anywhere in Canada and USA.

Return to “Central Okanagan”