Power Outage

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Power Outage

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay, so the article says that 20,000 are without power. It also said that folks in the mission heard sirens.

I was wondering what was going on. Up here in Rutland, power went out. We heard LOTS of sirens shortly after. Power came back on, power just flickered off again, but was on within 5 minutes. Odd.

Any ideas?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Power Outage

Post by Relentless »

2 Bangs were heard coming from the Mission Park greenway just west of Mindy Tran Memorial, branches from a tree hit overhead high voltage lines.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It was pretty windy. I hope no fires started . . .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so i pay fortis to provide me a service, they faild to do so, do i get a refund of some kind now lol i think not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Power outages in Rutland are actually pretty rare - so when they do happen I'm curious as to why.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Rutland buy and sell site on facebook went nuts with dozens of posts within minutes. So I'd say you're right.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

the truth wrote:so i pay fortis to provide me a service, they faild to do so, do i get a refund of some kind now lol i think not

If you ask *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 4th, 2016, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Post by WheelWeaves »

the truth wrote:so i pay fortis to provide me a service, they faild to do so, do i get a refund of some kind now lol i think not

Yes, you qualify for special promotional pricing.

For the time your power was out, you didn't have to pay for the electricity you couldn't use.

Pretty straightforward.

Also, if you feel you've been cheated, ask them if they are using average "guesstimate" pricing or if they actually read your meter. You can politely tell them you refuse to pay your bill unless your bill is accurately read from your meter.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

When you have a do over at work, or something took longer than usual, do you tell you employer..dock me 1.5 hrs, I wasn't putting out today?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

in fact I do and have
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

If a person is at work and there is a power failure, does the employee still get paid?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Since we're being philosophical, if the power went out and there was nobody around to observe it, did it still go out?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Its amazing how many people are unable to handle not having electricity, if they don't have their TV or computer... etc they are lost.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Bman wrote:Since we're being philosophical, if the power went out and there was nobody around to observe it, did it still go out?

Was the alarm clock flashing 12:00, when you got back home? Then, probably.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It appears Fortis has problems, twice in last couple of days.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/16 ... hout-power
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”