Power Outage

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Power Outage

Post by oneh2obabe »

GordonH wrote:Its amazing how many people are unable to handle not having electricity, if they don't have their TV or computer... etc they are lost.

But they can use their cell phone until the battery dies. No biggie if the power goes out - read a book using a propane or oil lamp, cook on the bbq, do some yard work while it's still light outside.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Its amazing how many people are unable to handle not having electricity, if they don't have their TV or computer... etc they are lost.

oneh2obabe wrote:But they can use their cell phone until the battery dies. No biggie if the power goes out - read a book using a propane or oil lamp, cook on the bbq, do some yard work while it's still light outside.

I have no problems with power outages they happen & I don't need technology to keep busy/entertain.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

oneh2obabe wrote:But they can use their cell phone until the battery dies. No biggie if the power goes out - read a book using a propane or oil lamp, cook on the bbq, do some yard work while it's still light outside.

Then they can get a feel for what life was like when I was young. Now imagine that happening in the middle of winter......? We survived.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#169935

Third power outage, whats up Fortis. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

looking4one wrote:Now imagine that happening in the middle of winter......? We survived.

Ah, the good ole days ... extra socks and sweaters, winter coat, gloves, hat and a scarf. If the power was out overnight everybody and the animals huddled in one room with every available blanket and comforter. Door was kept shut to keep whatever body heat was generated in.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-169935-1-.htm#169935

Third power outage, whats up Fortis. lol

so much for , we will get better service with there cost $$ increase,these people are a joke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

looking4one wrote:
Was the alarm clock flashing 12:00, when you got back home? Then, probably.

No it wasn't.
I buried a 100 pound copper ingot at one end of my yard, and buried a 100 pound zinc ingot at the other end and power my clock with them. I have perpetual energy from the earth.
Shy of an EMP, I'll always know the time.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

^^^ You gots all kinds of cool stuff B...

The wife just goes to the car , plugs her phone into the cheap Chinese made power adapter she bought at the mall and drains a tank of gas idling to power her phone while she creeps Facebook..

You da man .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

looking4one wrote:
Was the alarm clock flashing 12:00, when you got back home? Then, probably.

Bman wrote:No it wasn't.
I buried a 100 pound copper ingot at one end of my yard, and buried a 100 pound zinc ingot at the other end and power my clock with them. I have perpetual energy from the earth.
Shy of an EMP, I'll always know the time.

That's why your veggies grow so good. They are all getting a jump start.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby Bman » 43 minutes ago

I'll always know the time.

If you go outside in the rain you could get 'charged' due to improper battery storage.
Last edited by Donald G on Jul 5th, 2016, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

MAPearce wrote:^^^ You gots all kinds of cool stuff B...

The wife just goes to the car , plugs her phone into the cheap Chinese made power adapter she bought at the mall and drains a tank of gas idling to power her phone while she creeps Facebook..

You da man .

Put a good battery in the car, you can go for hours when though starting it.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Put a good battery in the car, you can go for hours when though starting it.

I got one in there 50... But if I tell her that she doesn't need to start the car , she won't at all and then it won't start when I need it the most..

Believe it or not , gas is cheaper..

Momma LOVES her Facebook.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We can go out to our trailer and have power and lights even make dinner on the propane stove.
Can last for days.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Just another day if we loose 'citified' power in The Rich. Throw a few more logs on the fireplace, and light up the candles and the oil lamp. Dinner...easy peasy...add a grill or flat top over the fire pit throw on grub...eat. just another day. Life is good.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Kids today would starve for the night without power. They couldn't Google how to cook over an open flame or even start a fire for that matter. :smt045

Return to “Central Okanagan”