City of Kelowna - Online Service Request

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

City of Kelowna - Online Service Request

Post by JayByrd »

I finally tried this service the other day, having heard nothing but good things about it. If you're not familiar, via the City of Kelowna website, there is an online form whereby you can report an issue or request service.

http://www.kelowna.ca/cm/page856.aspx

Through dropdown menus, you narrow down the nature of your request, and leave your contact info if you wish. I made a service request regarding some trees in need of maintenance, that are adjacent to the strata property where I live. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a response, by phone, less than 24 hrs later. It turns out the area in question is a riparian zone, under provincial jurisdiction, and the City is not to touch it unless it's encroaching on property, or there is a hazard. So they couldn't actually do what I was asking for, but I was pleased with the explanation and the personal response.

There are a lot of threads on these forums, along the lines of "why doesn't the City take care of...". I sometimes wonder if people ever actually report these issues to the City. Anyways, try it!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: City of Kelowna - Online Service Request

Post by Bsuds »

I have used this service several times and they are always quick to respond. In one case they looked after some low overhanging trees in a matter of hours. I just happened to catch them with a truck in the area but it was awesome service.

It works great for pothole reporting as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
spooker

Post by spooker »

As a regular user of the City's Service Request system I wholly agree with your sentiment ... this has been useful most of the time to get a reasonable response from the City about issues found around town ...

The mobile version works well and both let you include a photograph of the issue if needed ...
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

Can confirm, used them on multiple occasions. Great service.

Forums are for opinions and polls. The city's Online Service Request is where people can initiate/take action/get things done
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

Thank you for the link JayByrd. Much appreciated
We leak as rivers
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Almost called one in yesterday. Last weekend all the manhole frames were removed, rings covered and paved over in preparation for a mill and fill on Dilworth from the bridge (rail trail) to Summit drive. this is scheduled for mid August. Yesterday, as I'm driving down Dilworth, the paint crew is painting new left turn lane arrows on the soon to be ground away pavement. I must have repeated "really ?" 10 times while driving by..............
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Because of safety. Because if there was an accident then someone will say really 10 times because the we're no clear markings
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”