Bias towards tattoo culture

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Bias towards tattoo culture

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:Tattoos used to be a way of showing off that you're a bad a$$ rebel, but these days they're so common and mainstream, that you're just acting mainstream by getting one. You have to almost not get one to show that you're a bad a$$ rebel.

They're not for me, but tattoos are so mainstream and commonplace that it only makes sense that there would be a lot of stories about them in the media.

That makes Lady tehMa and I bad a$$ rebels! Yahooooooo, I always wanted to be a bad a$$ rebel too. Yipppeeee, move over all you mainstream tatted up ones.

I know a woman who got pugs tatted on the upper part of her feet to "smile up on her" all the time after beating cancer.

But her husband just has a simple nipple ring. Darn.
Last edited by Queen K on Jul 25th, 2016, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Donald G wrote:Classic case of the nurse using her intelligence to deal with a person who was uncomfortable with and defensively outspoken about differences.

I bet she is an effective nurse. Is there really any difference between skin color and hair color ??

I know one nurse at KGH who is tatted up to HIS eyeballs. Ha ha aha....
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

While I'm not "heavily" tattooed, I have tattoos (and for what it's worth, a boatload of silicone as well).

I usually laugh when I hear/read people shaking their fists at the tattooed and how unemployable they are. I'm sorry, I didn't realize my LinkedIn profile also had a section for "body modification".

When you give us tattooed, pierced (more piercings than provinces!), silicone stuffed, hair dye loving gutter kids a chance, you can see how we can contribute to society! Ha.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Glacier wrote:Tattoos used to be a way of showing off that you're a bad a$$ rebel, but these days they're so common and mainstream, that you're just acting mainstream by getting one. You have to almost not get one to show that you're a bad a$$ rebel.

They're not for me, but tattoos are so mainstream and commonplace that it only makes sense that there would be a lot of stories about them in the media.

Funny how long certain misconceptions take to "bleed" through society.

I try not to see myself as part of that society but its hard not to think everyone who smokes pot isnt a dirty rotten hippy. :D
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:That makes Lady tehMa and I bad a$$ rebels!

But we already knew that!!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If I did get one, what should it be?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

tattoo.jpg
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 26th, 2016, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
beehands

Post by beehands »

I do all my tattoos myself but since I'm left handed the ones on my left arm look really bad. I won't give up though. Practice makes perfect. :up:
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and it will take their breath away!
Just say it as it is!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

occasional thoughts wrote:Another Castanet headline and story about tattoos; what gives, inordinate favourable coverage about tattooing over the weeks and months by our favourite news purveyor I doubt if tattooing is of interest to or practised by even a small percentage of its readership.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#171390

I also questioned the story claiming that the Kelowna Curling Club "sponsored" the show but, typical, nothing was changed.

Am I wrong? Does everyone on here have tattoos except me? To me they look like some version of skin cancer.

I've seen some pretty spectacular tattoos and I've watched more than a few episodes of Bad Ink and Tattoo Nightmares. Friends, family and more than a few acquaintances sport tattoos. Summertime in Kelowna brings out the minimal coverage so more are seen. Sure different story these days than back in the day when military seemed overrun with them. Apparently it's a good business (whether getting them, getting them fixed, or getting rid of them altogether).
Castanet caters to all readers and that includes those interested in a local event.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2845030/okana ... es-a-buzz/
https://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/ ... _4th_year/
http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/enter ... eda88.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Queen K wrote:If I did get one, what should it be?

I think any of a number of small insectivorous songbirds that typically have a warbling song.

A Warbler. :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Monroe, you do know I shoot birds right?
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Queen K wrote:Monroe, you do know I shoot birds right?

Then a Warbler it is! :130:
Shock

Post by Shock »

occasional thoughts wrote:Another Castanet headline and story about tattoos; what gives, inordinate favourable coverage about tattooing over the weeks and months by our favourite news purveyor I doubt if tattooing is of interest to or practised by even a small percentage of its readership.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#171390

I also questioned the story claiming that the Kelowna Curling Club "sponsored" the show but, typical, nothing was changed.

Am I wrong? Does everyone on here have tattoos except me? To me they look like some version of skin cancer.

this keeps you up at night? there are far more important issues to deal with i today's world
amigo don't drink the water

Return to “Central Okanagan”