Soot from mill

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Soot from mill

Post by hobbyguy »

There is a point about aircraft (jet) exhaust. I live close to the airport and I have to use "black streak remover" to get the residue off my gutters.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Catri wrote:http://ec.gc.ca/inrp-npri/donnees-data/index.cfm?do=facility_history&lang=En&opt_npri_id=0000007940&opt_report_year=2012

Their fine particulate matter output seems to have improved.

seems about right ... I think they rebuilt their precipitators in 2013 .

That's the "thingy" that removes the ash from the "smoke" ( steam ).. I think for the most part , people just want to *bleep* about something , and since the weather is getting better , Tolko is the easiest target ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

I wonder who was here first??? It sounds like the whiners in Vernon about the speedway. You get stupid councillors taking the side of the developer rather than the race track who happened to be there first.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Johnnycheese wrote:Ash from the mill washes off with plain water, this stuff is chemtrail fallout that comes down everywhere and is mainly nano sized aluminium and barium that is very toxic and almost impossible to wash out of a white towel.
:spitcoffee:
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

Catri wrote:http://ec.gc.ca/inrp-npri/donnees-data/index.cfm?do=facility_history&lang=En&opt_npri_id=0000007940&opt_report_year=2012

Their fine particulate matter output seems to have improved.

Thank goodness it has improved, i would have hated to see what it looked like before!
Attachments
Tolko.jpg
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

Pookybear wrote:If people could get over their petty jealously of others that own boats they'd see the bigger picture. What is this stuff and how great is it to be in the lake?

Honestly, I sometimes have petty jealousies, but not in this case.
I like the yacht club, have a few friends there, and I like boats.

What is the stuff, and how harmful is it, that's a fare enough question.
Is it even from the mill ash?
And is it harmful?

But what about the other question?
What is Mr. Boater using to clean his boat.
It's an absolute it's environmentally ignorant, because he admits it right in that video!
How many boats, how many cleanings, how often = how much industrial chemicals washed into the lake?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

MAPearce wrote:If it was from the mill , gather it up and spread it on your garden..

I clean up those boilers .. It's just ash , good for soil and washes away easily with some water ..

Get over it .

What is the cause of it, is this when they blow out the stacks or why is there more? Just curious and it this also the cause of the black on peoples eves in Glenmore? I have suspected Glenmore issue may be from airplane fuel.

Let us know, thanks for posting.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:The Cultural District will expand of course. [icon_lol2.gif]

Now that is funny... I think who ever put that title to the area was high and not on life.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

hobbyguy wrote:There is a point about aircraft (jet) exhaust. I live close to the airport and I have to use "black streak remover" to get the residue off my gutters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0wV_y6Jgo

Never heard of that cleaner so googled it. Ever hear of Awesome cleaner?? I'm going to try it. I used to use Spray Nine.
playhard2010

Post by playhard2010 »

Sounds like a Jealous issue here? No I don't have a boat but I know a fair amount of people who do at the yacht club and those boats (people I know) are their retirement toys or hard earned British Columbia money purchased them so enough of the poor me BS and comments like they should afford to have people clean them. Do you know the costs associated with owning and mooring a boat downtown? Not cheap. Keep the petty comments to yourself. This thread was in regards to the fallout from the mill and boats are just an example of how bad it is.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

hobbyguy wrote:There is a point about aircraft (jet) exhaust. I live close to the airport and I have to use "black streak remover" to get the residue off my gutters.

And I live 30kms from the airport and have to use "black streak remover" to get the residue off my gutters.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Just love Yacht Club stories..........the Thurston Howell's of the world...........add Caddyshack to the Kelowna golf stories.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

And I live 30kms from the airport and have to use "black streak remover" to get the residue off my gutters.

Hmmm.. I have a buddy who lives on the 500 block of Bay st and he doesn't have any problems with soot or ash for that matter ....

You know how close to the mill that is , right ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

Looks like Tolko is getting pressure to clean up in Lavington as well:

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/172 ... ty-testing
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Life of a leftist whiner:

1.) Complain about an employer that pays well and sponsors many community organizations
2.) Get said employer shut down
3.) Complain about low paying jobs and unemployment
4.) Oppose any proposal to offer good paying jobs
5.) Complain about taxes
6.) Complain about lack of government services
7.) Rinse
8.) Repeat
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Central Okanagan”