Murder Victim Named

Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Murder Victim Named

Post by Graham Adder »

Ken7 wrote:I found it interesting you called him "Lucky 7" . Not sure how close you are to him, but interestingly he wasn't so lucky.

7 shots heard
I think we the public are the lucky ones
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I am pretty surprised by the comments on this thread over the death of this person. Have to say I am in agreement with foodsmith
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Yup, the negative comments I see here are centered on the life and choices of the person who died. He is dead so it is a bit useless to keep ragging on his choices as there isn't a lot of argument on whether choices like that are correct for anyone.

However, we know nothing about his family or loved ones and they are the ones grieving. The empathy should be for them, not the person who lived a life that others disagree with.
You and 71 others Like this post
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

"Police strongly believe that this was a targeted attack"

Not like he was an innocent bystander, which could have easily happened had a stray bullet hit the neighbors house, or even one of his own family, perhaps his kid.
Far as Im concerned now. Hein rd is one step closer to being cleaned up
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I certainly have empathy for this man's family and child...I'm sure he's put them thru hell with his wonderful life choices and now death..

doesn't seem like "he" had that much empathy or respect for his family and own child though...

at 35 yrs old he most certainly knew the dangers of living the gangsta lifestyle...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Graphite wrote:I am pretty surprised by the comments on this thread over the death of this person. Have to say I am in agreement with foodsmith

well that's what happens when you live the life of crime,but now his family has to suffer
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Even Steven wrote:Well, there goes another promising rocket surgeon with so much potential.

J/k

Is this rocket surgeon something you made up, or maybe you believe that you are one ? Explain what that means..if anything..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Is this rocket surgeon something you made up, or maybe you believe that you are one ? Explain what that means..if anything..

come now, anyone can be a rocket surgeon, didnt you know there's a manual for everything?
rocket surgery.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Hey I checked, it is a thing..even in the Urban Dick-shoo-Nary...
Its useless, but still a thing...that I never encountered before ...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You need to understand that I don't actually like doing this. I just find that sometimes it's necessary. I read about this kind of *removed* all the time and I never read past the headlines cuz I don't care. That he was a father is simply a plea for birth control. That he has friends should be a call to the police to locate them. And watch them too.

So I'm gonna inject into your post. Cuz I feel like I have to.

While I respect that you have the right to own and communicate your opinion as freely as you choose, I could not just read this and simply keep scrolling. Probably should have

With such an ignorant and classless post like that above, what you have done is injected something even more foul into an already traumatic and potentially shattering situation: For those that love this man, Come on you have brought into question the basic right to grieve, and you have done so simply by implying that his death is something to joke about based on a very, very brief study of his demographic. Uhh, you don't have to go to deep.

This man had family; from my understanding, he is also a Father sorry for his kid -- I believe he has a daughter, actually. This man had friends, *removed* like him and likely they numbered in the several; perhaps there may have been times when there were fewer than he would have liked... Who knows? He would likely have interacted with people in his regular days -- with some looking forward to seeing him, or maybe not so much -- just like you and I... Regardless, I can assure you of one thing: this man was significant to someone... Just like you and I. yes, but not for the right reasons

Who are we to decide the measure of a man based on manner of death or how he lived? We all tend to base our views of people on how they lived. Do you have a better scale? 'Tragedy' is just that -- it's 'tragic', Nope. Sometimes the death of one is a relief to many and it would be so much more helpful or encouraging if that were the focus so that the resolution of events like this could begin with being afforded the level of respect it deserves. Respect is earned. And not because you were some kind of street tough. Or drug dealer. Or pimp. Or all round asssshole.

The focus right now seems to be on the demographic, and not the man... and unfortunately posts like this further the stigma attached to said demographic. Maybe but the reality is the demographic is ugly. And yes, it's the residents that make it so. And I feel strongly for those who are there only by circumstance and not by life choice.

I acknowledge that you indicate this was a joke... However, this does not negate or diminish the fact that it is both ignorant and classless to do as you so insensitively have.[/quote] Some gotta go. And this guy gone. No loss. And that is based solely on the life he led.

what's really *removed* is that I feel this way because of guys like him.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 10th, 2016, 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

... at the end of the day, statistically speaking, society is probably a weentsy bit better off without this type of chatacter trolling the streets.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:You need to understand that I don't actually like doing this. I just find that sometimes it's necessary. I read about this kind of *removed* all the time and I never read past the headlines cuz I don't care. That he was a father is simply a plea for birth control. That he has friends should be a call to the police to locate them. And watch them too.

So I'm gonna inject into your post. Cuz I feel like I have to.

<snip>

10/10 on your comments mexi, could not agree more.

0/10 on foodsmith's bleeding heart posts.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

What you have interpreted as a "bleeding heart" post by foodsmith, I simply interpreted as a plea for basic empathy for the dead guys survivors. I see nothing wrong with that and I didn't read much more into it than that.....others obviously did.

It seemed that foodsmith actually did a pretty good job with wording his comments and didn't come to the dead guys defence.....just the defence of the grieving process of the friends and relatives.

That shouldn't be so irritating to others, should it? Is that such a "bleeding heart" statement that requires further ripping of the dead guy? We all know and, likely, think similar things about those that commit crimes in our community. However, *he* is dead......kind of the ultimate price to pay for a lifestyle. Done. Over. Finished.

Do any of you personally know "good" parents who have a kid who has gotten into a lot of trouble? I know a couple, even though the kids aren't hardcore criminals. If the kids were killed, the parents would be heartbroken. Just like you or I if *our* kids were killed.
A post with a plea for empathy to the people who may be grieving this loss is hardly a bleeding heart act. It is just being sensitive to those people and is hardly a defence of a criminal lifestyle.

I suppose I will now be branded a bleeding heart. Oh well, better than the jerk that I actually am.
You and 71 others Like this post
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I would think that the family may be breathing a collective sigh of relief. Maybe with this dude gone, they can have some semblance of normalcy without the fear that often accompanies the life choices made by bad guy wanna bes.

That's a big part of the problem; these mouth breathers choose the life of crime but often, those who are unfortunate enough to be part of those lives don't but they get dragged into it anyhow. Kids have no choice. Girl friends and wives do but many are not strong enough to leave. Parents and Grand Parents are forced to watch the drama unfold and have no ability to step in and make it stop.

Then there's retribution; that makes them stop.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

My guess is the family would be heartbroken there are no chances left for him to change his life around.

Death is pretty final. I would always hope the best for someone, especially family.

Return to “Central Okanagan”